CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

21st July 2026, 19:52
Thanks, Geeker, I quite enjoy seeing odd, pooror awful clues at times - I feel it livens up my week! I'd never cast aspersions on the Forum members' clues, but I have no compunction re these A Clue A Day offerings. Those are meant to be real, these are offered up to solvers . Some have been excellent, but quite a few are... a long. long way from that!
541 of 667  -   Report This Post

geting

21st July 2026, 19:58
@Malone

If I may ask, I've long wondered why you don't take part in the clue writing competitions; you are so brilliant at solving everyone else's clue troubles
542 of 667  -   Report This Post

bharat

23rd July 2026, 08:24
Please help me in parsing / solving this cryptic clue -
"Old woman and hustband touring African country like monkeys (9)"
543 of 667  -   Report This Post

xtran

23rd July 2026, 08:57
A 2-letter word for old woman and a 3-letter word for husband around (touring) a 4-letter African Country. def = 'like monkeys', is kind of misleading in the sense of it being too narrow
544 of 667  -   Report This Post

bharat

23rd July 2026, 09:05
Thank you Xtran for guiding me with crisp parsing. Could get the word. Thanks.
545 of 667  -   Report This Post

keepers

1st August 2026, 16:27
I am struggling with this seemingly simple clue:

Column featuring married leader (7)

married is most likely M

But is the definition column or leader? I can't seem to make either work. Thanks in advance for any hints!
546 of 667  -   Report This Post

keepers

1st August 2026, 17:29
I just sorted it. Turns out married was not M but rather a three-letter word (inside a 4-letter word for column).
547 of 667  -   Report This Post

jenny3

3rd August 2026, 15:05
nice one
548 of 667  -   Report This Post

keepers

6th August 2026, 13:44
I'd welcome hints to this clue:

The desire to tour a top B-school is something else (9)

Is the reference to a specific B-school (HBS, LBS, INSEAD, IIM, etc.)?

The fact the the clue includes the (grammatically optional) definitive article at the start suggests to me that "the" is part of the wordplay, but I could be wrong.

Thanks!
549 of 667  -   Report This Post

malone

6th August 2026, 15:12
Humdinger, something else, wow etc.
Hunger - the desire
MDI - a school, Indian stuff, means absolutely nothing to me!
Hu MDI nger.
550 of 667  -   Report This Post