CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

6th February 2021, 12:19
Hi David,

D - First 3 letters sort of mean "could" then a 5 letter "French author" with a single letter "article" removed/"ignored" - definition is "there" but I'd say it equates more with "there, there" in a mocking way.

P - 3 letter "plant" + anagram/"destroyed" of "wolf" - definition is a very Pauline "animal trained"
41 of 119  -   Report This Post

barbs

6th February 2021, 12:21
Thanks Brendan- I had thought of that possibility for ‘b’ but am still stuck. What am I not seeing???
42 of 119  -   Report This Post

jmck

6th February 2021, 12:22
I not only remember “the gentlemen”, but also “the bedstead men” variant. Can anyone give a helping hint on the M?
43 of 119  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th February 2021, 12:25
Believe me Barbs, if someone is wearing the 'horror briefs' - you'll probably see more than you wanted, or maybe not - depends who's wearing the I suppose:-)

The "runners" might be carrying contraband.
44 of 119  -   Report This Post

david w

6th February 2021, 12:26
Many thanks Brendan, although I am afraid I put both those answers in the category of "Oh well, I suppose so".
45 of 119  -   Report This Post

barbs

6th February 2021, 12:28
Thank you Brendan - not a term I was familiar with but sadly one that is now burnt into my traumatised imagination! I’ve got it now. I’ve done most of the other clues, but not the other 15 letter, so can’t start fitting them in yet. I’ll get there...
46 of 119  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th February 2021, 12:29
It'll probably end up that I've got one or both of them wrong David:-)
47 of 119  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th February 2021, 12:32
Glad you got it Barbs, sorry to have put that image in your mind 🤔

You should be able to start entering them with just one of the 15 letter clues. I wrote the same answer in pencil in both the spaces and then, once I saw which one fitted with the crossing down clues, I was able to erase the wrong one.
48 of 119  -   Report This Post

nickbev

6th February 2021, 12:47
Hi all, first time posting as so stuck on this. Have both 15 letters but run into major problems as soon as try and fill the grid. Can only assume have the A wrong as that throws everything out. I have that the sugar refiner could also refer to a gallery?
49 of 119  -   Report This Post

barbs

6th February 2021, 12:49
Thanks Brendan - I’ve got the other 15 now (I thought I was reasonably knowledgeable in this area but had never heard of this thing before). Thanks for your help!
50 of 119  -   Report This Post