CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

6th February 2021, 10:49
Hint for Z appreciated
21 of 119  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th February 2021, 10:55
Yep, thanks Rogissimo,

I'd stupidly been trying to use the first three letters of the river instead of the second - as the clue clearly state 😡Glad you got the others sorted.

Hi Jono,

It's the second half of a 6 letter river followed by a 3 letter "critical" - the answer isn't in Chambers but once you see it you'll be in no doubt what kind of "cross" it is.

Well done Kat, it's a great puzzle and well worth sticking with:-)
22 of 119  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th February 2021, 10:55
i haven't solved it, but i did wonder if the cross was yak-related
23 of 119  -   Report This Post

jono

6th February 2021, 10:59
Got it! Many thanks
24 of 119  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th February 2021, 11:00
Hi Chris,

Same number of legs but I'd say that's about where the similarity ends - I'd could be proved wrong, though.
25 of 119  -   Report This Post

abicoop

6th February 2021, 11:19
Morning all,
I normally love Paul, and love alphabetical jigsaws, but I just can't get going with this one. I can't cold solve enough clues to get any in the grid, and thereby get any crossing letters to help solve others.
I've tried to crack the 15 letter ones as you said Brendan and even with the hints for B my brain is still being dumb. I've literally only been able to get 6 clues - pathetic!
26 of 119  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th February 2021, 11:27
Hi Abicoop,

Don't be so hard on yourself - I think we all had difficulty cold solving these clues, I know I did - after an hour I'd solved fewer that your six!

B - 5 letter "move" around "one" and "alongside" is just a placement instruction - the "runners" in the second word might want to keep a low profile - as would many with the "brief horrors" 😂
27 of 119  -   Report This Post

david w

6th February 2021, 11:30
The 7-letter solutions look useful for placing others. Unfortunately I have only A and Y. I'd appreciate hints for D and P.
28 of 119  -   Report This Post

abicoop

6th February 2021, 11:31
Think I might have the first word then, but still no clue about the runners?!
29 of 119  -   Report This Post

david w

6th February 2021, 11:35
abicoop - Do you remember "watch the wall .. while the gentlemen go by"?
30 of 119  -   Report This Post