CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

roof

6th February 2021, 23:27
Hi everyone

Montalbano (I can't spell it) has finished now, but I still have a few left to solve. Abicoop, I thought Z was an animal cross and I may have it now. I haven't got the X. Are the following letters correct X?A?G? or have I got it in the wrong place.

I haven't got the S. I think it must be S?Z?G? and have no ideas. I'm also struggling to think of a three letter plant for the P clue. I have an answer, but I cannot see how it fits the definition.

I still have F, W, K and U to get, which I think will all go into the south west corner.

Any corrections or hints for any of the above most welcome.
91 of 119  -   Report This Post

roof

6th February 2021, 23:45
Hi again

I've just got the K and the U and possibly the F and the W, though I can't parse either of these. This just leaves the S and the X and the Q I'm not sure of. There are others I have some doubt over, but they are for sleeping on. Any hints gratefully received.

I'm starting to have doubts about where I've put them in the grid, but I'm usually good at that bit!
92 of 119  -   Report This Post

rogissimo

7th February 2021, 00:18
Hi Roof
S: definition is the last two words of the clue. A curious word which contains none of the five vowels.
X: definition is first two words. If you invert the most notorious fascist organisation in history you’re pretty much there.
Q: definition is the last two words. Not a word I’ve come across before. ‘Pretty’ in the sense of ‘fairly’ surrounding an archaic contraction meaning ‘still’.

Hope this helps a bit.
93 of 119  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

7th February 2021, 08:32
Hi Roof

Re ‘W’ - imagine a space or hyphen between the two syllables of the first word. Last three words are the definition.
94 of 119  -   Report This Post

rossim

7th February 2021, 09:02
Hi Roof
For S see my post @76.
95 of 119  -   Report This Post

abicoop

7th February 2021, 09:46
I just have the T left. I have all the crossers so should be able to get it, T_I_E_E_ but I can't. Although I haven't resorted to reading the entire T section of the dictionary yet!
96 of 119  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

7th February 2021, 09:53
Law enforcers are those specifically based in the capital.

Justice works better with a capital, and describes what their role is, as it were.

97 of 119  -   Report This Post

abicoop

7th February 2021, 10:24
Is the definition poetic or law enforcers?
98 of 119  -   Report This Post

rossim

7th February 2021, 10:26
Poetic
99 of 119  -   Report This Post

roof

7th February 2021, 11:15
Abicoop
I thought it was law enforcers in an old capital. Ive been into latin ancient Rome lately, but I may be wrong as I couldn't parse it all.
100 of 119  -   Report This Post