CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

7th February 2021, 15:19
Well done Barry, glad you got it all sorted:-)
111 of 119  -   Report This Post

luko

7th February 2021, 15:40
A corker indeed, and a fitting tribute to the Great Araucaria. Many thanks Paul, and as ever lots of thanks for all the helpful hints. I thought getting the 7s was key, combined with the direction indicators in clues like H and X: unfortunately my brain dried up tackling the 7s and when I got one (Y) it could fit the 8s in two places! Got most of it in the end (with a lot of help from you all, and a few where I am not sure of parsing) but still stuck on Q - what sort of still am I looking for? Poring through Wikipedia on Spanish Royalty has got me nowhere.
A masterwork from Paul, and I think the longest discussion on this forum I have seen.
112 of 119  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th February 2021, 15:53
Hi Luko,

Q - the definition in Chambers is royal 'partisan' but I checked on Google and it does relate to a specific Spanish royal as well.

5 letter "pretty" as an adverb like 'rather' or 'fairly' goes around/"dresses" a 3 letter "still" (as often used by poets).
113 of 119  -   Report This Post

jono

7th February 2021, 15:54
Isabella II of Spain
114 of 119  -   Report This Post

aicram

7th February 2021, 17:05
I've just joined this forum and feel thrilled that I've managed to finish Paul's puzzle. I loved all Araucaria's puzzles and especially the Alphabet ones. But I was struggling with this one until I had your help. And I've learnt a new phrase beginning with B S!
115 of 119  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th February 2021, 17:11
Hi Aicram,

Welcome to the Forum - we look forward to hearing from you again.

You aren't the only one to whom this was a new word, I have a feeling Barbs may well need counselling after having to 'imagine' them:-)
116 of 119  -   Report This Post

anothertom

9th February 2021, 08:42
Hello all. I've finally got through this one, though with a lot of illicit dictionary and crossword solver help. Try as I may, though, I just cannot parse E. Can someone help please?
117 of 119  -   Report This Post

jono

9th February 2021, 09:47
Hi, anothertom,
I read it as EN(d) for edge cut. With the rest being line.
118 of 119  -   Report This Post

anothertom

9th February 2021, 11:31
Thanks jono. I hadn't thought of our nation's capital.
119 of 119  -   Report This Post