CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

longtimelurker

6th February 2021, 18:09
Really enjoyed this. There were several (including M) where I pieced the clue together and then had to search for whether the result was actually a thing.
I was on the right lines for B very early but then got delayed by having Princess Consuela (Phoebe) from Friends in my head. Even though I knew it wasn't right, I couldn't get rid of it to actually find the right answer!
71 of 119  -   Report This Post

docrum

6th February 2021, 19:22
Has anyone got any hints for "S"? Got most answers, but still stuck on several.
72 of 119  -   Report This Post

roof

6th February 2021, 19:24
I'm impressed Abicoop

Like you I love jigsaw crosswords and usually like the challenge of a Paul, but usually you have some first letters given. I'm also having trouble with solving lots of the clues, though I do find having the first letter helps.

Thanks to the forum I've got the B, but I haven't got the M and quite a few more. I might try putting the B in both places and see if I get anywhere.

I think I had the wrong answer for D (Diderot), but will think again. The way I was hoping to get into the grid was through the 7s, but I think Brendan is right and will see if I can fit in any crossers for the long clues.

Back later

73 of 119  -   Report This Post

peterb11

6th February 2021, 19:31
Need some help with B - I've got 18 of the 26 answers including the M, but am finding it impossible to put any in with confidence.
Hint for B - please.
74 of 119  -   Report This Post

docrum

6th February 2021, 19:46
"Brief" as in swimwear
75 of 119  -   Report This Post

rossim

6th February 2021, 19:46
I'm pretty certain S visits this forum from time to time. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
The answer to B was used on either PR or Clueless a few years ago and received complaints (not from me). Definitely a Pauline.
76 of 119  -   Report This Post

docrum

6th February 2021, 19:53
I have only one left now - Z
What kind of "cross" is involved? Hybrid, intersection?
77 of 119  -   Report This Post

jono

6th February 2021, 19:56
Docrum,
Think biology
78 of 119  -   Report This Post

abicoop

6th February 2021, 19:58
I wouldn't be impressed Roof, I'm appalled at how slow I've been with this today!
The Z is cross between two animals, hope that doesn't give away too much. There were hints towards it's components earlier on in the thread which helped me get it.
79 of 119  -   Report This Post

peterb11

6th February 2021, 20:00
Thanks, Got it - I was on that track but failed in the imagination. Well on the way having completed one half based on guessing where to put the M solution.
80 of 119  -   Report This Post