CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

murky

9th December 2018, 12:45
Demeter, look carefully at any crossing answers you have solved that are too long for the answers. It's a fairly classic listener system.

31 of 111  -   Report This Post

murky

9th December 2018, 12:46
Sorry, that should have read "...that are too long for the entries."
32 of 111  -   Report This Post

murky

9th December 2018, 12:48
Merenz, that comment was made on the other site.
33 of 111  -   Report This Post

demeter

9th December 2018, 12:50
Aha, I see.
Yes, given how many of these puzzles I've done, I ought to have spotted that.

Thanks Murky!
34 of 111  -   Report This Post

merenz

9th December 2018, 12:56
Thanks murky. Fancy finding a comment on the other site helpful! Albeit just as a tenuous reassurance
35 of 111  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

9th December 2018, 14:37
I am intrigued by the word 'misspelt' in the preamble.

For me, 'misspelling' connotes a failed but bona fide attempt to spell the word correctly. There is another approach suggested by instruction (b) but is would the result be a misspelling?
36 of 111  -   Report This Post

reynard

9th December 2018, 14:48
Woodlouse, I shared your concerns on this and gave it a long and hard stare. Eventually I decided that simple misspelling to "maintain consistency" was probably what was wanted, rather than the second option, which isn't quite the same thing.
37 of 111  -   Report This Post

merenz

9th December 2018, 14:53
Has anyone looked at the listenwithothers site? I went to have a look at Oyler’s promised setter’s blog on the number puzzle (I cant find it). But there’s an interesting gif in the grid of the first solver’s blog. When I saw it earlier I thought it was an embedded advert... but now I realise it isn’t!
38 of 111  -   Report This Post

greengage

9th December 2018, 15:05
Like others, I enjoyed this, not least as a comparatively easy one won't get in the way of serious shopping this week, but can't for the life of me parse 13; what is the 'bar'? Or have I missed something obvious (as usual)....?
39 of 111  -   Report This Post

wakeling

9th December 2018, 15:41
Greengage - I'm glad you asked that. I thought it was just me who couldn't work it out. I thought it might be something to do with "on sales" i.e. drinks bought for immediate consumption, as opposed to "off sales", i.e. take away. But I'm puzzled.
40 of 111  -   Report This Post