CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

10th December 2018, 10:46
Good luck merenz. I hope that this forum can help you to achieve your ambition!
71 of 111  -   Report This Post

greengage

10th December 2018, 12:09
Better late than never to thank Listenup, Wintonian and others who discussed 13....
72 of 111  -   Report This Post

planks

10th December 2018, 14:16
Greetings from Phuket. For reasons that may be self evident, I made a late start on this. I’ve filled a lot of the grid and have a fair idea of the theme, but seem to be unable to get started on the NW corner. A gentle nudge for 1d or ac would be appreciated if there’s anyone still there. Ta.
73 of 111  -   Report This Post

drxx

10th December 2018, 14:24
planks - greetings from cold, wet and windy England.

1a - 4 letter word for 'rabbit' (slang) around 4 letter word for 'hare' as in 'to hurry'.
74 of 111  -   Report This Post

planks

10th December 2018, 14:32
Thanks drxx, I’d never heard of one of those. At least here the rain is warm, hope it improves for you!
75 of 111  -   Report This Post

drxx

10th December 2018, 14:38
Not much chance of that planks - enjoy the warmth while you can.
76 of 111  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

10th December 2018, 23:12
I thought this was very good indeed. As Merenz did, I spotted the theme early by figuring out the redundant words in the down clues. Took me a ridiculously long time to figure out the entry method for the ‘too long’ clues, but was very happy with the way it all came together when I did. Top notch.
77 of 111  -   Report This Post

planks

10th December 2018, 23:46
All done. As a child of the sixties I was a huge fan of the theme. I’m not sure I quite understand the treatment of the central cell, but never mind. Very enjoyable.
78 of 111  -   Report This Post

catkin

11th December 2018, 14:37
I have been following the site hoping for post that will unblock this puzzle for me. In spite of all of the hints I cannot fathom the theme nor the method of entry for the overlong answers. Please can somebody help with a not-too-cryptic reply? I have the answers to 21ac 16ac and a good place to begin might be some clues for how to enter these. Hopefully that will get me going again.
79 of 111  -   Report This Post

pka1

11th December 2018, 15:10
Thanks Planks @78. As a hopeless cold solver I was about to abandon this, as I would have done last week without Meursault's (un)fortunate slips of the typing finger, and did the previous week, but your mention of the sixties gave me a PDM for the title, and I'm over halfway there now. None of the thematic words in the down clues make any sense yet, but to Catkin@79, without knowing the hints I've got away with the long entries so far just squashing em up.

80 of 111  -   Report This Post