CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

8th August 2026, 11:08
Won, of course, is of the Korean variety…
31 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 11:08
That's given me 17 jono - thanks. "Effect of injury" is surely wrong, though?
32 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 11:11
I suppose it's OK. I spent some time trying to fit SCAR in.
33 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 11:15
OK, I have a Pauline answer for 20d, but what is "Iceland ordeal"?

btw I keep having to identify things on a Captcha - I haven't needed to do this for years!
34 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

8th August 2026, 11:17
20d is a reversal 2,4. The IVR code for Iceland isn’t intuitive.

I’m also having issues with captcha.
35 of 64  -   Report This Post

neville17

8th August 2026, 11:18
Chris, the abbreviation for the country Iceland gives the last 2 letters. The first 4 letters are a homonym for "ordeal"
36 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

8th August 2026, 11:22
Ignore my @35. Neville is correct.
37 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 11:23
Thanks both.

As the last 2 letters are the Iceland code, aren't the first 4 simply the "ordeal"? (though it's rather an exaggeration!)
38 of 64  -   Report This Post

geeker

8th August 2026, 12:09
I'd seen an 8-letter version of 17d and didn't consider an enumeration error. But I'm not particular about cluing details. I thought the first letter was a sporting abbrev. rather than currency.
39 of 64  -   Report This Post

plutocrat

8th August 2026, 12:12
With six in after an hour, and one of those I can't parse, I cheated 1ac to get me started. However as I can't see either a definition or a parsing in that, I gave up. Three prize DNFs in a row!
40 of 64  -   Report This Post