CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geeker

8th August 2026, 01:13
Thanks to Vlad, a fairly recent visitor, for another Prize challenge.
On the difficult side but not an outright impalement.
Quite a few "gettable" short clues to provide entry points, but many Prize-worthy tricky constructions.
I found the top half on the easy side but the bottom beastly.

FOI 9, LOI jointly 17 and 27.

Joint COD 11 (I like the word), 12, 17, 20 (naturally), 24a and 25. 24a might have been the winner due to nice wordplay, but the surface is not smooth.
1 of 64  -   Report This Post

ilippu

8th August 2026, 01:53
Thanks Vlad.

As can be expected from Vlad.

Likes:13a, 24a, 25a, 8d, 18d, 20d

COD: 24a



2 of 64  -   Report This Post

mogwai

8th August 2026, 03:13
Agree with Geeker's assessment - a mixture of Prize clues requiring some out of the box thinking and less taxing contributions.

24a and 25a held me up the most - guessed the solution from the crossing letters alone, but parsing the clues took some work!

COD for me was 1a or 15a.
3 of 64  -   Report This Post

geeker

8th August 2026, 03:21
Looking again at the grid, I have to upgrade 13 to the COD long list. Wrote it in but didn't appreciate the full parsing.
4 of 64  -   Report This Post

darla

8th August 2026, 06:12
I feel like Vlad is back to his impaling ways. Not even half the grid filled yet. I’m glad you all had a better time with it.
5 of 64  -   Report This Post

rocky7

8th August 2026, 07:40
Don't think I'll get around to this until later. A couple in but one question. Is it a typo or is there a significance to the decimal point between the 3 6 in 10a? At least that's how it is in the Android app.
6 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

8th August 2026, 07:48
I hadn’t spotted it and it’s the same in the pdf so just a misprint I think. The answer is definitely 3,6.
7 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 09:06
Despite putting it down and then comiing back to it, I've ground to a halt in the SE, with only 14d and 16d inked in. Could I have a hint for one of the others, please? 27a, for instance.
8 of 64  -   Report This Post

neville17

8th August 2026, 09:14
Like Geeker I got a good start with the top half but the bottom .... that being said, I am not at all sure of my answer for 1D. I had what I thought a really good answer for 16A (an abbreviation for a religious group) but it doesn't fit with the obvious - although unsatisfactory) answer for 1D. Has anyone else had the same experience?
9 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 09:17
Hi neville
Are we doing the same puzzle? There isn't a 16a in mine!
10 of 64  -   Report This Post