CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mattrom

8th August 2026, 09:17
Chrise, 27a is an anagram (disposed of) It's a term I've never heard previously for 'thieves'
11 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 09:23
Thanks mattrom. I'll work on it an hope that I can get going again.


I've never heard it either, but it makes sense
12 of 64  -   Report This Post

neville17

8th August 2026, 09:25
Ha ha ChrisE, I meant 18a!
13 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

8th August 2026, 09:26
I’d never heard of it either and it’s not in any dictionary that I own.
14 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 09:27
Neville
For 18a I have a homophone of a particular religious sect that means "look for".
15 of 64  -   Report This Post

neville17

8th August 2026, 09:28
SW corner sorted out now, but still struggling with SE. Like others I hadn't heard of 27a
16 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

8th August 2026, 09:29
1d is an anagram broken in two places by a 3 letter word for one and then a single letter for Malta. I assume the intention is an &lit definition.
17 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 09:30
Is 26a a Greek letter? If it is, I can only parse the middle.
18 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 09:35
Just seen 24d. Favourite so far!
19 of 64  -   Report This Post

mattrom

8th August 2026, 09:38
Chrise, 26a is an old tribe (think Boudicca)
20 of 64  -   Report This Post