CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

8th August 2026, 09:39
26 def is old (meaning ancient) people
21 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 09:40
Thanks mattrom. I would never have seen that, and jewellery is rather loose!
22 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 10:38
Even OneLook can't seem to generate anything likely for the first word in 19a. Are my letters right?

?I?H???L
23 of 64  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th August 2026, 10:47
Hi Chris,

19a - 4 letter "up" then 4 letter "end" then 2 letter "something special" - definition is "run'

Your letters are correct.
24 of 64  -   Report This Post

johnnykingsman

8th August 2026, 10:48
Chrise
Your letters for 19a are correct. Think 2 4 letter words corresponding to 2nd and 4th words in clue.

Like others I found bottom half more challenging.

27 a fairly recent term - doorbell cameras have caught some brazen examples!
25 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 10:48
Thanks brendan. That seemed the most likely of a restricted choice, but the "something special" is still eluding me.
26 of 64  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th August 2026, 10:50
Thanks Chris,

The "something special" is often clued as 'sex appeal'.
27 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2026, 10:59
Thanks again, Brendan

24a, 17d, and 20d left - not much idea on any, except is 20 a sport?
28 of 64  -   Report This Post

neville17

8th August 2026, 11:01
Chris, I would say 20D is very Pauline !
29 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

8th August 2026, 11:05
I’m surprised no-one has complained over the enumeration of 17d which is surely 3,5
30 of 64  -   Report This Post