CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

27th September 2026, 13:14
I enjoyed the match on ITV yesterday. 3-2 was a fair result. I thought the commentary was poor and the subs confusing. Strange to see James in goal. Surprising penalty miss by a player who has scored so many, but at least he scored. You have to admire the quality of foreigners in keeping the ball.
61 of 71  -   Report This Post

grunger

27th September 2026, 16:37
jigjag

Yes I too enjoyed the match. Spain deserved to win, but I suppose if Kane had scored the penalty, we would probably have won. I dont understand what the Nations League is. I could not believe Pickford was dropped after a brilliant career. Very shabby and proves Tuchel is hopeless.
62 of 71  -   Report This Post

swarbrules

27th September 2026, 18:05
Perhaps it was just to give Pickford a rest. Did he, in his pragmatic mind,think that we were unlikely to beat the world champions so, it was better to save him for a game where he might make a difference in this packed schedule?
63 of 71  -   Report This Post

jigjag

27th September 2026, 19:41
Grunger

Thats interesting, but it seems we watched different matches! I was talking about the Merseyside v World charity match at Goodison Park.

We won 3-2 and Baines missed a penalty but scored rebound. David James was in goal. Rivaldo and Seedorf were brilliant on the ball. It was great to see them play.

I didnt see the England match as I dont watch their friendlies. I read that Pickford was dropped, so I suppose Tuchel blames him for us not winning the World Cup. One mistake leading to a goal in 91 matches is some record. Tuchel just cant accept how poor we were in World Cup, and blames everyone but himself. Of course the gutless FA wont sack him.

Swarbrules

You might well be right, but why not play the strongest team against the World Champions? Seems odd unless Tuchel thinks Trafford is better.
64 of 71  -   Report This Post

grunger

27th September 2026, 19:47
jigjag

Very clever. Well done for noticing all those similarities between the 2 matches.
65 of 71  -   Report This Post

tyke51

27th September 2026, 23:53
Hi Jigjag & Grunger

Good to hear from you again - the last day of the Cricket Season is always a sad one for me - I think the future looks good for both our English Cricket and Football Teams!

66 of 71  -   Report This Post

jigjag

28th September 2026, 15:12
Tyke

Nice to hear from you. I watched a lot of cricket, enjoyed first 3 days of Trent Bridge Test the most. I didnt get down to Worcs but saw a lot at Old Trafford - Lancs were awful. Quite a bit of bad weather affected matches. Of course they were mostly played in Spring and Autumn.

Did you see much of Yorks?

Everton have started well so could be a good season.

67 of 71  -   Report This Post

swarbrules

28th September 2026, 15:44
Lancs are still awful.
68 of 71  -   Report This Post

tyke51

28th September 2026, 17:29
Jigjag

I had my usual 4 trips to Scarborough for our 2 x 4-day CC games and 2 x 50 over games - I travel by train so, once I`ve checked into my Hotel I can walk to the ground ... and the pubs!

We finished the season well - some of our young players, Hill, Luxton, Wharton, Cliff etc have a lot of talent so I`m hoping the team will do even better next season. We have Jonny Bairstow back as captain now and Dom Bess is playing well and is very popular with the supporters.
69 of 71  -   Report This Post

grunger

28th September 2026, 22:09
Tyke

It was nice to hear from you. I have never been to Scarb for cricket but had a few days there once. Went in the Turks Head if I remember correctly.

I followed the last match and was pleased to hear that Bairstow smashed a 6 for a 1 wicket win

Lancs were terrible except t20 Roses match. They concentrate on commerce not cricket.

Swarbrules

Do you watch Lancs? I am a member.
70 of 71  -   Report This Post