CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paradigmshifter

5th November 2022, 17:51
Another difficult Vlad puzzle.

Can't parse 8D, 13A, 27A.

Had to use missing letter solver for 27A (although what I was thinking was the only one that fitted), and then 24D, which I can parse.

Will read rest of thread now.

23A was a bit cheeky. 1A doesn't turn up very often in crosswords I expect lol ;)
51 of 87  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

5th November 2022, 17:58
Hi paradigmshifter.

13A is indicated by "I'm working" so thing of a word for 'in good running order' and remove love. For definition, think grammar.
52 of 87  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

5th November 2022, 18:02
Still can't see it... I have the grammar word yes, it was the only thing that fitted once I worked out 14D (mainly by monkee-ing about).

I can now parse 27A that was a bit tricky, was not aware of that slang.

Will read rest of thread see if there is an explanation for 8D.
53 of 87  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

5th November 2022, 18:03
Right I can see that now, the standard one word abbreviation for love, I see.
54 of 87  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

5th November 2022, 18:04
And I see ChrisE parsed 8D in post 24.

Cheers.
55 of 87  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

5th November 2022, 18:06
13A: A synonym for what 'working' indicates to is 'agent' but in a different sense.
chrise explains earlier that 8D is read in reverse and involves an example of a type of horse.
56 of 87  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

5th November 2022, 18:12
Yup I have parsed everything now.

My fave was 12A I think. 14D also good had to check the band member, was pretty much the only thing that fitted in the end though.
57 of 87  -   Report This Post

havermonkey

5th November 2022, 18:20
Oh wow, I got literally one on first pass and then was stuck for ages. Thanks for a couple of wee hints to get started and then I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. At least five audible groans which I always think is the best compliment to a setter. I was going to ask for parsing of 14d but someone just did that. Still no clue how to parse what I hope is the correct answer for 19d?
58 of 87  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

5th November 2022, 18:26
19D the Chambers is AL Chambers, that's how I parsed it. Never heard of him! And "described" I parsed as "removed from the answer".
59 of 87  -   Report This Post

brendan

5th November 2022, 18:27
Hi Havermonkey,

19d - 5 letter "chambers" (in the body and used for for passing blood to the veins) goes around/"describing" a 2 letter abbr. for "one country" which gives you another country.

14d - you must have had a smile when you realised what band the musician was in 😂

60 of 87  -   Report This Post