CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aicram

5th November 2022, 11:33
I often find, when I log in to this Forum that if I've found the crossword difficult, others have found it easy and vice versa. I finished this one in less than an hour - that doesn't very often happen. My LOI was 27 across - a really weird meaning of this word.
Thanks for helping with the parsing. I often guess at word and then parse it later - and don't always do that if I'm feeling lazy!
21 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th November 2022, 11:35
27 is a rather dated slang term for something you can drink.
22 of 87  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

5th November 2022, 11:48
Yes, 23A is a an anagram using the two letter word for how setters and others refer to themselves outside an anagram of another part of the clue, essentially.

I managed this with a lot of help from Quick Solve but I think it's fair because setters know that such help exists, as well as anagram generators so I assume they factor it in to the difficulty.

8D can only be one thing (wink, wink) but I can see how it's parsed.

Thanks.
23 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th November 2022, 11:50
read 8d upwards. it's not the usual 3 letter horse
24 of 87  -   Report This Post

barny

5th November 2022, 11:52
Think I've done it but can't parse 19dn
25 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th November 2022, 11:55
chambers are enclosed spaces - some are in the heart
26 of 87  -   Report This Post

pauly

5th November 2022, 12:07
Afternoon all, as with others the top half went in reasonably well with nice parsing, bottom half much slower
CoD I like the neatness of 18
LOI 15
FOI 12
Enjoyed this more than I usually do with Vlad.
27 of 87  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

5th November 2022, 12:28
Yes, chrise, I tried that but it still makes no sense to me, even after googling it spelled backwards... so, 'reminder' is the definition, I haven't got that wrong have I? I only know (unless my brain is frozen) of two types of 'horse' and one has 4 legs and the other might have you feeling legless.
28 of 87  -   Report This Post

brendan

5th November 2022, 12:39
That's great, many thanks Minty.
29 of 87  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

5th November 2022, 12:53
Thanks chrise , I just tried the dictionary app on my mac and found it.
30 of 87  -   Report This Post