CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lordbadger

8th May 2022, 18:04
Thanks quisling and candledave .. it has twigged now .. another cleverly deceptive clue ..
61 of 130  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

8th May 2022, 18:06
I have an idea about 1d but the parts of speech don’t quite fit so I’m probably on the wrong track…

Wondering if it involves a (very minor) anagram, which is inserted. This would be a straightforward parsing but I suspect it’s incorrect because the definition is a verb and the answer a noun. I’m wondering if the verb could actually be a noun in its second definition (Chambers), but the connection seems tenuous.
62 of 130  -   Report This Post

williamseal

8th May 2022, 18:09
Miles behind inevitably - and scarcely encouraged to learn that it’s one of the hardest.
Ironically I’ve cold-solved the first four across clues but only the second down, and am not too confident about that. Any hints on the first, third and fourth down? If I get them should I be able to start?
Thanks
63 of 130  -   Report This Post

granama1

8th May 2022, 18:52
Dylan. Re 2d. I finally cracked it and it's actually a very straightforward clue to a very rare word. If you divide the clue in half, one half is clue, one definition. The end result is almost familiar.
64 of 130  -   Report This Post

lordbadger

8th May 2022, 19:06
Hello williamseal .. the 4th down might get you going with the grid fill (or at least a suspicion) .. the first word is the definition,
65 of 130  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

8th May 2022, 19:08
Thanks granama1, that got me 4d. Would never have thought to consider the definition to be so long!

I’m up to a whopping seven clues confidently solved, with perhaps four more of which I am decidedly not so confident…
66 of 130  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

8th May 2022, 19:09
Oops, I meant to refer to 2d. (I do separately have 4d though!)
67 of 130  -   Report This Post

planks

8th May 2022, 19:14
Well this one is a toughie. I have cold-solved 22 clues but try as I might I can't get them to agree in the grid - it's like herding cats!

Good gardening weather has held up progress, I'll try the grid filling tool suggested earlier I think - but tomorrow probably - my brain hurts.
68 of 130  -   Report This Post

turast

9th May 2022, 04:27
Dylan and Chrisremo

2Dn Def is last 3W
3 letter word for refuse (also a colour) + 3 letter word for deal (also part of a play)
I've seen it used most to talk about documents
69 of 130  -   Report This Post

ukridge

9th May 2022, 08:31
I'm having trouble constructing the grid. I can't see how the first two down entries can cross the 10-letter across answer with only one extra letter. Any hints would be appreciated.

Is that 10-letter across answer on the third or fourth row?
70 of 130  -   Report This Post