CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

14th January 2022, 16:01
THE CLUES

Requests for hints on the clues should normally include the clue itself, numbers of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any relevant information, special instructions should be given.
NB Hints only should be given, no answers.

THE THEME
Requests may be placed here for GENTLE NUDGES only towards the theme.

NB Do NOT reveal the theme itself under any circumstances.
Remember too that the Listener is a unique puzzle. Please treat it with the respect if deserves and do not reveal too much when answering requests.
1 of 140  -   Report This Post

jif73

14th January 2022, 16:22
Thanks, malone and tatters.
Oh no! Not another ambiguous "contiguous"...
2 of 140  -   Report This Post

loge

14th January 2022, 18:36
Contiguity is rather more straightforward in this one, thank goodness.

Grrr. I had all the information I needed for the final stage and yet it took me ages to see why it was relevant. Well played, Artix!
3 of 140  -   Report This Post

candledave

14th January 2022, 19:22
Very neat, really enjoyed it.

Thanks Artix.
4 of 140  -   Report This Post

cockie

14th January 2022, 19:40
It's the final stage which is holding me up - as so often. Not being familiar with the theme I am in a quandary about which of the two possibilities opened up by the instruction I should be concentrating on - each seems relevant.
5 of 140  -   Report This Post

tatters

14th January 2022, 22:36
I'm as mystified by the instruction as by those who have looked at it and seen what to do. It was all going so well.
6 of 140  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

14th January 2022, 22:47
We’re at the same stage as you Tatters. Frustrating.
7 of 140  -   Report This Post

ginge

14th January 2022, 23:02
I don't think I can give a gentle hint without revealing all but I can help with the endgame if anyone wants to email me.
My address can be found on the Listener 4638 thread, post # 20.
8 of 140  -   Report This Post

drxx

14th January 2022, 23:45
Surely it can't hurt to point out something in the preamble -

we're to 'follow the amended directions' not necessarily to repeat the entire sequence over again (and parts of the preamble are particularly well chosen - 'subject', 'related title' and 'player').

I think it's a very neat and ingenious puzzle.
9 of 140  -   Report This Post

tatters

15th January 2022, 06:22
Drxx - thanks for the helpful nudge which led to a speedy conclusion. I had already found [and immediately dismissed] the second title before the first one so I should have got there far earlier.

Nice one Artix!
10 of 140  -   Report This Post