CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

prospero

29th August 2021, 15:09
there are 4 8-letter B words and they don't have to be split (see my previous post)
91 of 221  -   Report This Post

bogdan

29th August 2021, 15:09
Ah, thanks. I was looking for complications it seems
92 of 221  -   Report This Post

roof

29th August 2021, 16:34
I haven't read through the very long thread yet as I have been trying to solve the clues of this extremely annoying crossword. I was out yesterday and didn't fully understand the instructions. Usually, a jigsaw crossword gives you the first letter, but this one doesn't. And usually it includes all letters of the alphabet, but this one doesn't. It took me ages to realise that there are seven answers beginning with A. It also took me ages to find a way of recording my answers in a way that would cross reference to the clues. So, I didn't really start until today.

I have quite a lot of answers and usually at this stage, I'd be filling them in the grid. I have no idea what the theme is. I can see that I'm going to have to read from this long thread to get any further. It would help to get the second 5 letter answer beginning with H. I've got the orchestra.

Isn't it annoying that I can't even reference the clues for which I'd like a hint. Araucaria did it better.
93 of 221  -   Report This Post

jono

29th August 2021, 17:03
Hi Roof, that H five letter word you’re after is half of a capital city (and a theme character)
94 of 221  -   Report This Post

roof

29th August 2021, 17:18
I've now read through all the thread and am not much the wiser. Is the theme classical music and the four parts the four parts of a symphony like spring, summer, autumn and winter. If not then I remain stuck with about 70-80% of the answers.
Can I have a hint for the first 10 letter word. Is the definition "Hospital"? I haven't got the third A either "New Chamberlain...." I tried taking man out of chamberlain and anagramising it, but I'm none the wiser. But perhaps it leads me to Wagner???
95 of 221  -   Report This Post

roof

29th August 2021, 17:20
I'm beginning to see the light.
96 of 221  -   Report This Post

jono

29th August 2021, 17:26
The first 10 is an anagram but a theme word so no defn. Similarly the chamberlain clue - a subtractive anagram, no definition because it’s another theme character
97 of 221  -   Report This Post

smudgekent

29th August 2021, 18:32
Wagner is a good destination
98 of 221  -   Report This Post

afrayedknot

29th August 2021, 18:51
I finally finished! That was epic. I found it hard but really enjoyed the concentration required. Thanks for all the help in this thread - I needed it.
99 of 221  -   Report This Post

sallymac

29th August 2021, 19:04
I have been ‘occupied’ on and off with this since yesterday morning. I have read all the forum comments but wonder about the 9 letter words. There are 6 clues with 9 letter answers but I can only find 5 places on the grid with 9 letters. Is the theme split into 4 and 5? Please help
100 of 221  -   Report This Post