CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mathprofrockstar

30th August 2021, 02:02
By the way, what is the bank holiday in observance of?
121 of 221  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

30th August 2021, 05:59
Came to this a little late, but really enjoyed it. Not being a fan of the theme I had to do a little Googling, but feel greatly educated thereby. As we in NZ are back in Level 4 lockdown, it helps to pass the time.
122 of 221  -   Report This Post

jono

30th August 2021, 07:46
Mathprof, it’s just a late summer holiday, nothing more significant. No more bank holidays here until Christmas
123 of 221  -   Report This Post

noeyedeer

30th August 2021, 07:56
Wow! What a challenge…. Not posted for a while but can rarely finish without the brilliant help of this forum. Am a bit stuck though, have the theme and got the perimeter words in…. Would love a couple of hints for the following:

Caravan….
Petrified wood…

I think I know where those go in the grid and the possible solutions I’ve come up with just don’t fit in the grid so I must have done something wrong….

Really can’t get my head round the “Those wandering…” or “Nintendo…”

I’m persevering, hoping the Everyman will be a breeze after this!
124 of 221  -   Report This Post

rpchambe

30th August 2021, 08:05
I'm struggling with this one, having worked my way through the Kennel Club's list of dogs (and several others) and finding nothing suitable beginning with L or M (or K for that matter). Is a a dog, please, or another meaning of dog?
125 of 221  -   Report This Post

rpchambe

30th August 2021, 08:10
If anyone is still out there, as today is the last day of the bank holiday, could I beg some indulgence with a prompt as to which B word goes across from the 10 letter theme word? Is it the Almost crazy..? or the Lair a nob.... or the support retirees? Or the food send back..? I feel that with a little help in that direction I'll manage to fill in a lot more.
126 of 221  -   Report This Post

afrayedknot

30th August 2021, 08:16
rpchambe - the B word across from the 10 letter theme word (the right hand one) is 'They support retirees'.

127 of 221  -   Report This Post

afrayedknot

30th August 2021, 08:18
rpchambe - it is a breed of dog. I hadn't heard of it myself. Apparantly it is Alaskan.
128 of 221  -   Report This Post

afrayedknot

30th August 2021, 08:26
'caravan' - think about how you transport a caravan - you have to ... it. The word is a danger to people swimming in the sea.

'petrified wood' - I had not heard of this but it is the name of wood that has been petrified or buried for thousands of years ( and can be worked out with antelope (bok) and game (..) and area (a).

Ninendo game console - it has this name. What kind of numbers are 8 and 27? eg: hint 4 and 9 are square numbers.
129 of 221  -   Report This Post

afrayedknot

30th August 2021, 08:29
noeyedeer - Those wandering it is an anagram of a five letter word with an Irish town inside to give a 'trainer' (or sneaker)
130 of 221  -   Report This Post