CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anyotherbizniz

28th August 2021, 13:15
I'm with all those saying they are going to skip it this week. Just too tricksy and annoying. That's disappointing because the killer sudoku was remarkably easy this morning, so I am all done with my Saturday Guardian entertainment before lunchtime.
Good job I've got the West Ham match to watch this afternoon.
21 of 221  -   Report This Post

jono

28th August 2021, 13:22
Robdales, I’ve not got there yet but I assume the instruction means that if the answer was, say, ‘something’ then you need to enter ‘some’ and ‘thing’ as separate entries in the grid. Convention is generally that that the two separate parts of the split word are words in their own right
22 of 221  -   Report This Post

kt17

28th August 2021, 13:39
Only just begun, also getting in with the left hand 10 letter entry.

I'm guessing that the [fairly straightforward] clues beginning

New Chamberlain... and
Excited builder...

give us the theme?
23 of 221  -   Report This Post

jono

28th August 2021, 13:45
Yes KT they do
24 of 221  -   Report This Post

kt17

28th August 2021, 13:56
Thanks Jono!
25 of 221  -   Report This Post

roof

28th August 2021, 14:02
Hi everyone

Just picked up the paper to see who the setter was before going out for the afternoon. So far the instructions have me baffled. Usually with an alphabetical you have the first letter, but not in this case. This makes my solving method difficult.

I may get time to attempt it later, but like many of the stalwarts I may not bother. And I like alphabeticals!!
26 of 221  -   Report This Post

eagle

28th August 2021, 14:07
Definitely not for me either
27 of 221  -   Report This Post

deliquium

28th August 2021, 14:36
robdales @20 there are only 3 x 4 letter words listed, so one assumes the "one word solution . . . to be entered in the grid in two parts" will be one of the 15 x 8 letter words split into two?
28 of 221  -   Report This Post

pulmunen

28th August 2021, 14:44
Roof, if you like alphabeticals, I’d say give it a go before you make up your mind. I didn’t really suffer from not being certain of the first letter and even though I don’t know much about the theme, ultimately I wasn’t put off by it. One of Maskerade’s more absorbing puzzles for me, although I’m struggling with fitting into the grid (there’s one bit I just can’t make work).
29 of 221  -   Report This Post

tobyhoward

28th August 2021, 14:56
I believe the clue “Rudely waken to do art in Japan” is incorrect. It should be Korea not Japan!
30 of 221  -   Report This Post