CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

28th August 2021, 01:15
This puzzle appears under the "Cryptic" heading on the Guardian website, as opposed to the usual Prize.

I'm not sure if this is an error or to reflect the fact that, given there is currently no actual prize, the shape of things to come.

This is a themed puzzle by Maskerade with a jigsaw grid that isn't interactive so I won't be doing it, but good luck to those who do - it looks a real Bank Holiday challenge:-)
1 of 221  -   Report This Post

geeker

28th August 2021, 01:31
Hi, Brendan
Maskarade + Bank Holiday spells "week off" for me. Loved the old Araucaria jigsaws but never got into these. It does appear to be a serious challenge for brave solvers!
2 of 221  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

28th August 2021, 02:04
Not available at all in the app.
3 of 221  -   Report This Post

mystogre

28th August 2021, 02:17
Yikes! It is just as well I am still in lockdown and the weather is lousy. I will get started but am not sure when. I will need to reformat it so I can read and do it. Not a one day task, that is for sure.
Cheers all.
4 of 221  -   Report This Post

ohcelt

28th August 2021, 04:02
That's a hard pass for me too on these. Now what to do with Saturday morning?
5 of 221  -   Report This Post

rocky7

28th August 2021, 07:40
We're away at friends this weekend. Unless I get a chance to buy the paper I won't be participating as you rightly say, not in the app.
6 of 221  -   Report This Post

chrise

28th August 2021, 08:02
Not for me either.
7 of 221  -   Report This Post

jono

28th August 2021, 08:11
I built the grid in Excel and copied the clues across so I can play with it while watching the cricket later. I’ve found the clues so far (I’m only down as far as the C’s) relatively straightforward, though some very UK-specific GK has been needed. I’ve encountered one thematic but it means nothing to me at present. Long way to go!
8 of 221  -   Report This Post

jono

28th August 2021, 08:30
In fact the first thematic clue does reveal the theme, especially when considered in combination with the hint in the preamble
9 of 221  -   Report This Post

rocky7

28th August 2021, 08:43
Jono that's real dedication. You're making me feel like I'm not trying hard enough.
10 of 221  -   Report This Post