CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kirky

1st August 2021, 20:21
I would like to see the 2 threads continue if possible but that's just my opinion.
71 of 93  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

1st August 2021, 20:44
I appreciate your response, bunty. Clearly, they were my opinions; I wrote them. Also, humor doesn't always come across in a written form, and "a good talking to" was meant humorously, which is why I put it in quotes. I don't really want to see anything so heavy handed. The example I cited from the other thread is more along the lines of how I feel it should be. Which brings me to the point that I was trying to make, albeit badly it seems: the spirit of this entire forum, not just the Listener threads, seems to be that full answers should not be posted, and I am confused as to why the Listener is the exception. So, yes, my opinions, but having seen many others offered, I felt that I was allowed to express mine.
72 of 93  -   Report This Post

granama1

2nd August 2021, 08:04
I thought things worked rather well before, although I didn't really see much point to the thread that didn't really do anything other than say 'nice puzzled.
My heart would sink when, on the hints thread, someone would just throw in answers and theme solutions. Particularly when the puzzle was only a day or two old.
I quite like the idea of a hints thread + an answers thread for those times of utter despair at solving something. On with the experiment!
73 of 93  -   Report This Post

granama1

2nd August 2021, 08:05
Doh. Predictive text. 'nice puzzle'
74 of 93  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

2nd August 2021, 09:47
Mathprofockstar, you say " I don't know what it is about the Listener that makes that more difficult, except that there is usually a major theme and serious endgame."

The Listener is an exception because I was told it was a complex crossword and, as such, it has always had two threads. I was persuaded to allow this practice to continue when I instigated the "one thread per crossword policy" some time ago. It is just a matter of working out how the 2 threads are operated to suit the greatest number of Users.

75 of 93  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

2nd August 2021, 09:51
Bunty, a totally different point of view to that expressed by Mathprofrockstar.

The fence I'm sat on is getting very uncomfortable but it's difficult knowing which side to jump, ha, ha.
76 of 93  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

2nd August 2021, 09:53
Thanks Granama1, yet another point of view, this is all very interesting.
77 of 93  -   Report This Post

numbskull

2nd August 2021, 11:27
One of the contributors earlier in the thread referred to the end game as GWIT and/or GWFT. Apologies if this is a silly question but what do these acronyms mean?
78 of 93  -   Report This Post

jeg

2nd August 2021, 11:34
Guess what I am thinking. The worst possible type of endgame.
79 of 93  -   Report This Post

numbskull

2nd August 2021, 12:08
Thank you jeg.
80 of 93  -   Report This Post