CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

30th July 2021, 17:42
Thanks, Tatters.
11 of 93  -   Report This Post

quixote

30th July 2021, 17:48
Thank you very much, Tatters - for this time and all the times in the last year or so that I haven't thanked you. What a relief!
12 of 93  -   Report This Post

quisling

30th July 2021, 17:51
Quixote, Tatters was “retrieving the thing” from a website that anyone can access. I’m sure you can google Times Digital and Print Subscriptions. He was clearly in breach of copyright in publishing it here, which is presumably why he doesn’t post the link each week anymore. Subscribers to the Digital edition can access it from 4pm on Friday. If you don’t wish to pay for that, you can wait for the Print edition
13 of 93  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

30th July 2021, 17:53
Quixote, in Reply to Post 2

I am like the good Fairy in the Pantomine, I appear once then disappear, ha, ha.

I agreed with Malone that I would post the threads this week to start the ball rolling then Malone would take over again next week. I know absolutely nothing about the link you mention, that is way beyond my sphere of expertise.

Let's see how it all settles down over the next week or two.

14 of 93  -   Report This Post

jif73

30th July 2021, 18:11
Yes, hotie, after a week when numerous things have given me no end of grief, I too had been looking forward to tatters posting this week's offering on Dropbox, only to find that he is "alas, late" (unless he has been warned off providing the very much appreciated service).
[Like you, I always buy The Times on Saturday in order to submit my entry, but enjoy the early start provided.]
15 of 93  -   Report This Post

jif73

30th July 2021, 18:27
Yay! You're a diamond, tatters!!
16 of 93  -   Report This Post

ixion

30th July 2021, 18:29
Usual thanks to tatters and malone ; )
17 of 93  -   Report This Post

cockie

30th July 2021, 19:10
There's a danger appearing - as indicated in the first post on the other site - that too much may be given away. I'm against the idea of an "Answers" site, but this one - where hints, usually fairly cagey, are offered - seems all that is needed.

Since this one allows hints, let me say that, as often is the case, it's the very last hurdle which is causing me to falter. The puzzle is a treat - coming after the last few we need a breather - but so many things happened to the protagonist after the two thematic items were removed that it's hard to pick on the one Ferret is looking for. So a nudge would be welcome ... but just a nudge.
18 of 93  -   Report This Post

candledave

30th July 2021, 19:18
cockie - it’s pretty early for too much of a hint but think less about a direct consequence of the removal of the thematic items and more generally about the character and re-read the preamble closely.

Sorry but meant to be slightly obtuse!
19 of 93  -   Report This Post

candledave

30th July 2021, 19:20
And personally I think the old system worked pretty well and would just remove the Answers thread but understand why you're trying something new as the old system was causing concerns to some.

Appreciate the efforts Norah
20 of 93  -   Report This Post