CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

0pt0

27th July 2021, 14:24
Many thanks Loge: helpful as ever.
It strikes me that the grid could be seen as an aerial view of the structure defined by the omitted letters, in which case it is a pity that we were not asked to depict some l...s and Ch......ns in mortal combat in the centre circle!
On a different topic, the wording "may contain answers" in the title of this thread could lead to newcomers posting answers, so perhaps a different title would be justified.
91 of 112  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

27th July 2021, 16:07
Opt0, Loge and other interested Forum members.

Starting this Friday, we are trialling a new approach to the Listener threads and I am starting the ball rolling by posting the threads in the first week.

Malone will email me on Friday when the Listener is available, I’ll then post two ‘normal’ Listener threads plus a third Listener thread explaining the new way of doing things.

So, for one week only, you’ll have THREE Listener threads as I felt it needed a separate explanatory thread, next week it will be 2 threads as usual.

Watch this space as they say.
92 of 112  -   Report This Post

loge

27th July 2021, 16:55
Thanks for the heads up, Norah.
93 of 112  -   Report This Post

lumen

27th July 2021, 18:38
I'm struggling with the lower section, perimeter 17 being my last perimeter to get. I'd appreciate help now it's Tues night.
94 of 112  -   Report This Post

wintonian

27th July 2021, 18:59
Hi lumen,

The “support” leads to a four-letter word, which often supports a bridge. There are three of these in Blackpool, for example. The “joke” bit is more obscure, but you should be able to get the answer from the first bit of the wordplay.
95 of 112  -   Report This Post

lumen

27th July 2021, 19:21
Thanks wintonian, got that one now and it will be a great help.
96 of 112  -   Report This Post

suzannahj

29th July 2021, 08:21
Hello!

I've enjoyed this one, apart from the slog to finish the final three radials. So, please, could I get hints for radials 11, 26 and 27?

Oh, and I know these are tough enough to construct anyway, but it seems a shame that the six-letter word couldn't have completed the ring where the thematic name is located. It would have given more of a point to having it defined in the extra letters.

Cheers,
Suzannah
97 of 112  -   Report This Post

loge

29th July 2021, 08:56
Suzannah, here are hints for the wordplay for those clues:

11 Three initial letters inside abbreviation of Australia

26 Vocal can refer to vowels, so ignore the vowels in a word for musicians (who play a certain instrument)

27 Three-letter word for broadcast + is + single letter representing nothing all reversed

I agree that it's a shame there wasn't more thematic material in the ring containing the name, not least because it would have given more help when solving!
98 of 112  -   Report This Post

suzannahj

29th July 2021, 09:39
Thanks Loge! That should be enough to get me over the line.
99 of 112  -   Report This Post

orson

29th July 2021, 12:21
With respect to 0pt0 at 91:

the wording "may contain answers" in the title of this thread could lead to newcomers posting answers

Absolutely. How would a newcomer know that if it says it may contain answers, that means it most definitely must not contain answers? Crazy!

I look forward to what Norah will say.
100 of 112  -   Report This Post