CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

2nd January 2021, 13:04
Hi Jono,

I wonder if I've got it wrong then. My "potter" is Ray - is that right?

Only the RA for artist is in the wrong order unless it's the R A that goes round the E and I can't see anything remotely resembling "equipment" other than (g)EAR?
31 of 98  -   Report This Post

brendan

2nd January 2021, 13:09
21a - I may well have the parsing wrong but I think it's....

First three letters "used to be" + 3 letters for "sexy" around a single letter "you" - but it's another where the different elements appear to be in the wrong order so that's why I'm not sure.
32 of 98  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd January 2021, 13:12
Ah, no think much younger and more recent. In fact Abi says below that her daughter got a related costume for Christmas!
33 of 98  -   Report This Post

brendan

2nd January 2021, 13:14
I'm at a complete loss then! I stopped watching the snooker years ago but thought I was pretty au fait with the names of the main players - obviously not! I read Abi's post and couldn't make sense of that either:-(
34 of 98  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd January 2021, 13:16
21 are yes that works, it’s U with a two word phrase for ‘used to be sexy’ doing the nursing
35 of 98  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd January 2021, 13:16
Nothing to do with snooker, Brendan
36 of 98  -   Report This Post

brendan

2nd January 2021, 13:18
Ah! No wonder I'm going round in circles. I assume it must be wizard related so I'll have to hit Google.

Thanks Jono - that was driving slowly insane.
37 of 98  -   Report This Post

brendan

2nd January 2021, 13:20
...or is "countryman" the definition - ah! it is, thank heavens for that:-)
38 of 98  -   Report This Post

brendan

2nd January 2021, 13:27
Thanks Chris, thanks Jono,

This is what I get when I put in an answer without parsing!
39 of 98  -   Report This Post

quocunque

2nd January 2021, 14:19
Jono. Re 25 ac all the bits are there but "posh" is in the wrong place if it's part if the fodder.
Also 5 dn doesn't work for me. How does "spaces in folder" give FILED? All of which, together with two iffy anagrinds in "flashing" and "guide". spoiled this for me.
40 of 98  -   Report This Post