CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

richardk

5th December 2020, 13:15
Apologies for my four posts in a row earlier! Bewilderment turned to frustration turned to that slow dawning for several clues. I now have 4d which was holding me up because I had the last letter of 11ac wrong.
61 of 91  -   Report This Post

jono

5th December 2020, 13:32
Chris - I also see the connection you’re referring to!
62 of 91  -   Report This Post

jono

5th December 2020, 13:39
Wow, the latest Guardian app upgrade (v1.3) allows landscape mode on an iPad. No more constantly turning it around and it makes the puzzle bigger. That’s a game changer, for me anyway :)
63 of 91  -   Report This Post

femmenoire

5th December 2020, 14:04
Jono I was wondering if this was the same grid again, (the one with all letter lengths from 3-10?). I love that you are interested in grid patterns and even have a favourite. Also thanks for going back and finding where the previous recent occurrence of 1d was.

Lucertola - yay for you! And yes, “was” is definitely a crucial word in 24d and I should have worded my hint accordingly. Sorry for typos earlier I was heady with excitement having completed the Prize, albeit with hints and used the crossword solver to help get a couple of the answers.

Luko it must have been so fun having in-person crossword solving company in the past (something I never experienced) and I’m so glad you have found this wonderful community.
64 of 91  -   Report This Post

tonystock

5th December 2020, 14:34
Mathi

I'm taking 8d to be a certain book in the NT which also refers to a word for getting an A, B or C ... (thought of my o'levels)

I cant parse 17a albeit I think I know the answer...none in the SE corner yet. Tony
65 of 91  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th December 2020, 14:35
tony
try reading 17 as 3,2 rather than 2,3!
66 of 91  -   Report This Post

tonystock

5th December 2020, 15:36
thanks ChrisE yes that's what Ive got and can see why it refers to recovery as 3/2 but don't get the 2/3 answer ? Only 9 left :-)
67 of 91  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th December 2020, 15:39
the 2,3 can mean "namely"
68 of 91  -   Report This Post

tonystock

5th December 2020, 15:58
Yes , thanks ChrisE... not a phrase I use regularly :-)
69 of 91  -   Report This Post

smot

5th December 2020, 16:37
Only 6d left now and it just doesn't make any sense to me. ?O?E and earlier hints here have got me no further forward. Which part of the clue gives the definition?
70 of 91  -   Report This Post