CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

saoralba

8th September 2019, 20:24
I found a lot of the clues very hard to crack, some of them not far off the level of Shark or Sabre. Home and dry now, but as murky has pointed out, the setter used the unusual 4, 5 entry in another puzzle published not long ago (in The Magpie). A sixth sense told me to watch out for it.

Having had his first Listener puzzle less than four years ago, Harribobs has become a dependable creator of astonishing final grids.
61 of 75  -   Report This Post

wigwam

9th September 2019, 13:56
Could someone put me out of my misery regarding 28d please? Despite the hint earlier in the thread I'm still not seeing it and it's the last one to go in.
62 of 75  -   Report This Post

malone

9th September 2019, 14:05
28 D. Kid gets to fix digital fault (6) Agnail, digital fault, like a hangnail, I think. It's Rag, kid + Nail, fix. The R is the extra letter.
63 of 75  -   Report This Post

wigwam

9th September 2019, 14:11
Oh for goodness sake I'd put in 33a wrong and didn't have an N at position 3 for 28d.

I'll get to colouring in shame, incredible grid once I'd sussed the endgame!

Thanks as usual malone
64 of 75  -   Report This Post

malone

9th September 2019, 14:12
Glad I could help, wigwam.

65 of 75  -   Report This Post

raggedy

9th September 2019, 16:51
Great puzzle with a nice endgame.
AI is unbeatable at Chess and Go when programmed specifically but when a machine can read and understand the preamble, understand the significance (or not) of the title and in this case the setter and then work out that almost the whole puzzle must be replaced with something quite different the we humans will have something to worry about.
66 of 75  -   Report This Post

simond9x

9th September 2019, 18:32
Well, I filled the grid, got the 'instruction' but must be Mr. Thickety-Thick because, grid-stare as I may, I have no idea what to do next.
67 of 75  -   Report This Post

ginge

9th September 2019, 18:42
Hi simond9x, if you discount the perimeter you have an "array" with dimensions of 12 X 9 which can be segmented into 12!
68 of 75  -   Report This Post

simond9x

9th September 2019, 18:47
Hi ginge, a-ha! I was looking in columns, rows and diagonals (I hate grid-searches!) but can see it now. Many thanks, Simon
69 of 75  -   Report This Post

cass

10th September 2019, 16:06
Can anyone help with Item No 5, please (I'm at the 'Colouring in' stage). I seem to have a choice of two, which woodlouse seemed to referred to in an earlier post.

Thanks. Harribobs has done himself/herself proud with this one.
70 of 75  -   Report This Post