CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

smellyharry

10th September 2019, 19:13
I thought this was really good. Just got there after several hours of always enjoyable progress. Good clues, clever grid, nice Pdm, no crazy grid stare. Excellent.

I only see one option for item 5, assuming that’s the one that’s in the middle of the second row. Begins with m and isn’t actually a country any more, as referenced earlier on the thread.
71 of 75  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

10th September 2019, 19:15
Also more than half the clues have some sort of country or geographical reference, which is neat.
72 of 75  -   Report This Post

cass

10th September 2019, 20:07
Thanks for confirmation, I'd assumed so.
I agree with your remarks, a neat Crossword.

73 of 75  -   Report This Post

gazzar

14th September 2019, 00:01
Having been on holiday I started this one late. Now a gormless question: does the colouring in totally replace the grid letters, as indicated by the 'ideal solution' or does the colouring in merely colour over the letters which still show below? I think it's the former but it'd be nice to get confirmation.
Brilliant grid construction from Harribobs!
74 of 75  -   Report This Post

mooncow

15th September 2019, 19:50
For those moaning about the 4,5 item “in native language” or whatever, it would be worth looking at the title of the puzzle. All the thematic item names are EXACTLY as they appear in ISO 3166.
75 of 75  -   Report This Post