CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

planks

9th February 2019, 08:55
I nearly gave up after reading the preamble three times but I now have something in all the convex cells. I'm struggling to make sense of my six letter words for 22 and 24. A hint or nudge for either would be appreciated if possible. Thanks
1 of 70  -   Report This Post

murky

9th February 2019, 09:19
22 is counter-clockwise and the definition in the clue is 'surrender'.
24 is clockwise and the definition is 'old pieces' ( think).
2 of 70  -   Report This Post

murky

9th February 2019, 09:20
That was supposed to be '(I think)'
3 of 70  -   Report This Post

dylan

9th February 2019, 09:32
I've done all the non-round clues, but only 4 of the rounds. It seems to me that you have to solve almost all of them before you can enter anything. I'd appreciate a hint for 12 and for 7

thanks
4 of 70  -   Report This Post

planks

9th February 2019, 09:34
Thanks murky, I hadn't thought of that definition for 24. Now for the 12 letter answers, though I fear that may be beyond me!
5 of 70  -   Report This Post

murky

9th February 2019, 09:38
I find this sort of puzzle very fiddly, and I lack the stamina to tackle and enter all the Round clues in one sitting, so I've got only a few of those. I don't have 12 but in 7 the first word is the definition for the six-letter word, the next two words are the definition for the 12-letter word, and the wordplay is an anagram ('impedance = Z).
6 of 70  -   Report This Post

dylan

9th February 2019, 10:01
Thanks, Murky, I should have thought of Z. Still not enough overlaps to definitely put anything in - for the rounds, I have 7 (now!), 11,13, 21 and 22.
7 of 70  -   Report This Post

planks

9th February 2019, 13:12
I'm making better progress than expected with the round clues but am stumped by 12. A hint would be very welcome if possible.
8 of 70  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

9th February 2019, 13:29
Could someone please explain the method of entry in terms that this eejit can understand? How are descending and ascending solution entered from left to right? Just looking at the grid makes my head ache.

Off to have a bash at the Inquisitor.
9 of 70  -   Report This Post

dylan

9th February 2019, 13:32
Descending go down from their number, in a SE direction. Ascending go up, in a NE direction. You'll find the lengths of solutions fit exactly
10 of 70  -   Report This Post