CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

planks

10th February 2019, 09:26
I have to admit that I didn't bother entering every single letter into the grid (most but not all). I don't submit and have a slight sight-impairment - so filling the rest in fell into the 'life's just too short' bin.
51 of 70  -   Report This Post

smithsax

10th February 2019, 11:05
At first I thought it would be an easy one but it turned out to be quite difficult.
I always start by trying to get the theme from the preamble and title. Googling key words from the preamble sometimes gives the game away early and this time searching for “hexagon overlapping circles” gave the 12 letter theme before I looked at any clues.
Very easy straight line clues and the 6 letter words revealed themselves but the 12 letter answers took most of the rest of Saturday!
Good fair clues. I enjoyed this one.
52 of 70  -   Report This Post

xij

10th February 2019, 11:16
I’ve spent so much time on this, but only have two to do, 24 and 28. For the life of me I cannot get them, even though I have nine letters for each. Can anyone tell me if ‘uber’ appears in one of them and, if so, why. Any hints would be welcome.
53 of 70  -   Report This Post

planks

10th February 2019, 11:25
yes to uber, it's a prefix and appears in my version of Chambers
54 of 70  -   Report This Post

xij

10th February 2019, 12:01
Thanks planks, just seen the longer word. I’ve now finished, with 24 being the last, and simplest damn it, to go in.
This was a mind boggling puzzle, but very, very good in the end. Congratulations to eXtent.
55 of 70  -   Report This Post

murky

10th February 2019, 14:57
I've never seen the logic of clues such as the last Round one, though similar ones appear in the Listener from time to time. If I say, "my bag contains a jacket, a towel, and a shirt out of the wardrobe," that does not mean my bag contains the wardrobe minus the shirt, but that must be what the end of the clue means for the wordplay to work.
56 of 70  -   Report This Post

cockie

10th February 2019, 16:15
Sneaky old eXtent to give us a puzzle the first 21 clues of which are pretty straightforward followed by 19 12-letter clues many of which are stinkers. I still lack 8, 10, 12, 18, 19, 23 and 26. Struggle on, cockie. The "hints" already supplied here haven't enabled me to tease out the last seven bits of sardine in the corner of the tin.
57 of 70  -   Report This Post

phantom

10th February 2019, 16:18
demeter: I'm still stuck on 19 - I have the 6 'lentils' plus V and E from 18, but can't find anything that fits
58 of 70  -   Report This Post

foinaven

10th February 2019, 16:20
I am in a similar situation; I know eight of the letters and have alternatives for another two, but cannot find a sensible answer.
59 of 70  -   Report This Post

quisling

10th February 2019, 16:53
Re 19, if you shift your thinking from South American, agents to South, American agents, you might make progress
60 of 70  -   Report This Post