CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

31st October 2019, 19:18
tyke51
I live in the part of Lancashire that was forcibly transferred from Yorkshire in the local government reorganisation in the 70s (they still can't put "Welcome to Lancashire" signs on the road, as they are thrown over the hedge - instead it's just "Welcome to the Borough of Pendle").
One of the reasons that the locals objected so much is that it is well-known that Lancashire is wetter than Yorkshire!
981 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

31st October 2019, 19:22
Malone

I`m grateful and proud to accept the office of `Byeded Commisioner` ... offenders may find themselves wided and no-balled !

Jigjag

I couldn`t help but notice that Liverpool was awash with what appeared to be`scary witches` last Saturday - is it Halloween all year round in that fair City?🎃
982 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

31st October 2019, 19:26
Chrise

Uncanny ? I think the ladies of Pendle must have gone to Liverpool for some retail Therapy!
983 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

31st October 2019, 19:35
Tyke

The Halloween period seems to last about a week in Liverpool. You certainly see some sights on a night out. The girls are either dressed as witches or hardly dressed at all. We also have the dreaded "mischief night" (last night) - lots of reports today of mindless vandalism, I reget to say.

I not heard of a batsman being "leg-byeded" yet but if you hear it, please consider it to be in your job specification to take appropriate action!
984 of 2514  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st October 2019, 19:36
Only four trick-or-treaters so far, all at the same time.

I heard a great exchange on the radio this morning - Popmaster on Radio2. The presenter (not the usual one) asked the contestant what he was doing later.
"I'm helping my daughter dress up for Halloween"
"What is her costume"
"A little witch"
"And is she one?"
"No, she's four"......
985 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

31st October 2019, 19:39
Chrise

I was born in a tiny village called Sandbeck (between Rotherham and Doncaster) in the West Riding of Yorkshire. Local Government reorganisation invented `South Yorkshire` which is where I live now. The East Riding has been brought back in places around Hull - I would be delighted if we went back to the old `Ridings` which I think were unique to Yorkshire.
986 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

1st November 2019, 16:05
Malone
I like your poem and would like to visit the city.

I'd like to go to Aberdeen
With Tyke, Malone and Davy
On Halloween I will be seen
With pie and chips and gravy
987 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

1st November 2019, 16:14
Grunger

Delightful! Am I having a senior moment, forgetting who Davy is - or has some random stranger been invited along, simply because his name fits the rhyming pattern?
988 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

1st November 2019, 16:15
Grunger

Lovely poem. I should also like to visit the Granite City. If a vacancy comes up on your tour, please let me know.
989 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

1st November 2019, 16:22
Malone

You are quite right. Davy fits, whereas others dont rhyme or scan unfortunately. If a Davy, or similar, posts before next Halloween, I will invite him or her if that is OK.
990 of 2514  -   Report This Post