CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

17th August 2021, 19:59
Tyke

That's very kind of you. Some great stuff has been written by Malone, Grunger yourself and others over the last 3 years. It has been a joy to read this thread.

Off to Nottingham tomorrow for the double header, Forest v Blackburn, then the One Day final on Thurs at Trent bridge. I will be supporting Glamorgan as I almost live in Wales.
2511 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

17th August 2021, 20:48
Tyke and Jigjag,

Thanks for the kind words. I think some of our less PU discourses were great fun. One person's random musings, bits of silliness sparked off all sorts of weird and wonderful (and entertaining) stories and posts.

PS I hope Ivor Apple has mastered the art of yelling 'Granny Smiths, six for a pound... all other grannies only a fiver each' through the confines of his properly worn mask.
2512 of 2514  -   Report This Post

keppel

19th August 2021, 22:47
Perhaps this thread is so long I have missed someone else posting, but my pet hate is the frequent use of "... none of them were ..." As none is a short form of not one, it follows that the correct usage is "... none of them was..." Or is I wrong?!
2513 of 2514  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

20th August 2021, 06:56
Keppel, it is for that reason that I started a new PEDANTS THREAD 2021 which so far has zero posts, this thread had become too long and unwieldy.

Could you please set the ball rolling and repost your query in the new thread.

Can I please ask that no further posts are made in this thread, please use the new PEDANTS UNITED 2021 thread, thank you.
2514 of 2514  -   Report This Post