CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

9th February 2019, 17:03
That's very clever Malone
131 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

9th February 2019, 17:05
Glad you liked it, Jigjag! It took longer to do than expected.
132 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

9th February 2019, 17:10
Malone

Yes it is surprising how long these things take, polishing and perfecting them! I did not notice it earlier as I was at the market. That is something else that might take some time.
133 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

9th February 2019, 17:16
Jigjag, was there a surfeit of anything - particularly apostrophes - at the market?

For the Emirates thing, I thought it'd just be a matter of putting together a string of adjectives - but that didn't work and I had to start over. Still, I had nothing to moan about - nothing leapt out at me from the paper, I didn't hear anyone talking nonsense on tv.
134 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

9th February 2019, 17:29
Malone

Not apostrophes, but a lot of moaning about "stupid made-up words" from Ivan. I can do a short report if you like.

135 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

9th February 2019, 17:36
Malone

I forgot to say that you had a nice idea and it was well executed. You are very creative!
136 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

9th February 2019, 18:09
Jigjag, thanks for your posts - and your compliment! I found Inquisitor very straightforward today so had plenty of time on my hands.

Yes, let's see some of the 'made-up words'.
137 of 2514  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

9th February 2019, 18:21
Disappointingly, visiting the garden centre today did not yield anything for me to be pedantic about, to be a 'grumpy old man' about, so I am having withdrawal symptoms.
138 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

9th February 2019, 18:36
Now, now, Steve - you should be pleased that you didn't encounter anything offensive, wrong or irritating today....

… but I know what you mean about the withdrawal symptoms!
139 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

10th February 2019, 10:21
Malone

I visited the market yesterday to speak to the grumbling greengrocer, Ivan Napple, hoping to hear about his latest moans. I asked if he knew your friend, Ivor Aspberay, the famous fruit farmer from far-flung Forfar (no alliteration intended).

“I know Ivor well” he said. “He supplies all the fruit and veg stalls here. In fact, one of my customers, a Scottish lady, arranged it. We got a great deal and she was the middleman, or should that be middlewoman, I never know.”

“It’s the same with all these stupid made-up words like “Chairperson” “Spokesperson”and the ludicrous “Hupersonkind.” What’s that all about?”

“I can tell that you are not pc”, I said.

“PC? The only PC I know is the one who comes in here, or WPC as I still call them, WPC Laura Norder she told me. Funny thing is, everyone calls her Jo. She’s clever Jo, and I am sure she is having me on.”

With thanks to Malone and Cleverjo for their ideas.
140 of 2514  -   Report This Post