CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

16th December 2019, 17:21
Malone

You don't like asparagus? This is the end of the world as we know it!

Do you never get behind a caravan being pulled along a narrow road, or disliked the sight of them en masse in a field/round our coast? Ah well. For many years every time I entered my living room I got a full, broadside-on view of my neighbour's caravan. I hated it, and I still hate them. Luckily he departed this life many years ago, taking his horrible vehicle with him.
1091 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

16th December 2019, 17:56
jigjag

it is very kind of you to send me some empty pastry cases. After all it is the thought that counts and you have clearly put a lot of thought into it.
Malone's idea of sprouts and brandy butter sounds great and I will experiment with some combinations.

Malone, Rosalind

Just love all those inventive postings this afternoon - very entertaining!

1092 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

16th December 2019, 18:14
Grunger

Glad you've enjoyed this afternoon's stuff ( 'stuff' in the stuff and nonsense sense!). It's good that you're pleased with Jigjag's present, even though it doesn't fall into the 'pre-owned' or 'pre-loved' category of the used beer cans and chocolate box .

Although my 'sprouts and brandy butter' was ostensibly a 'fun' suggestion, it wouldn't surprise me if it appeared on the supermarket shelves soon. Today I've seen 'winter berry and Prosecco crisps', sprout-flavoured crisps and a 'pigs in blankets quiche'. Last year, Tesco had 'candy cane flavoured crisps', where will the nonsense end?

Rosalind,

I'm a city dweller, so caravans have little impact on my life. I have seen them, occasionally, when I've ventured into the green spaces, but they've never held me up.
1093 of 2514  -   Report This Post

rosalind

16th December 2019, 18:55
The first time my younger son could vote he was a student and, since he was studying electronics, politics had not been large on his horizon (yes, I've heard many engineer jokes). He felt it was wrong to influence a result when he did not have time to educate himself re the main parties.
I told him he had to vote, so he went for the Monster Raving Loonies whose manifesto included compulsory asparagus on Fridays. Afterwards, living in Mr Bercow's constituency, he was effectively disenfranchised for 10 years. No-one was even offering asparagus.
1094 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

16th December 2019, 20:07
Malone Rosalind

I had a depressing trip to M & S today, the first for many months. I didn't see a onesies, or is it onesie. I have no idea what it/they are.

I was pleased to receive "assistance" from the young lady who helped me with the Plant Kitchen/Kitchen Plant confusion a few months ago. I must tell you about it. Sadly I have to go there again tomorrow. I will try to get some asparagus, which I have never eaten.

1095 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

16th December 2019, 20:14
Rosalind
Thanks for the asparagus information. 'Compulsory asparagus' would rule out my vote, free asparagus was bad enough.

If … note the change in attitude... I ruled the world, I would make voting compulsory. I would also ensure that any 'journey' had to be a physical one - none of this 'my Strictly journey', 'my dieting journey', 'my complete and utter nonsense journey'.
1096 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

16th December 2019, 22:00
Skyewalker

It`s comforting to have the existence of Baby Cheeses confirmed. I always suspected that `BC` must stand for something significant ... `AD` obviously refers to after dinner!

Rosalind Malone Grunger

I love `proper` fresh sprouts, not those disgusting, inedible, frozen specimens which many restaurants serve up. The only frozen vegetables I can eat are peas.

Jigjag

Pleased to see `Big Duncan`has got the troops firing again!
1097 of 2514  -   Report This Post

rosalind

16th December 2019, 22:24
malone
I understand voting is compulsory in Belgium- well, something to be proud of.... that and the statue of Le Manneken Pis in Grand Place, Brussels, who has been at it since about 1618. It is as well he does not eat asparagus (which you would understand if you did). Jigjag, please wait until the right season and I will send you some I've grown, far better than any with jetlag.

I am writing "My Journey Through Life", and assuming you wouldn't want to read it. It is, naturally, complete and utter nonsense.
1098 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

17th December 2019, 08:31
Tyke
I am a very generous person - I hereby bequeath you my lifetime's allocation of fresh Brussels sprouts. (This is hardly a sacrifice on my part, I hate the evil little green things.)

Rosalind
I'm afraid I'd be unable to pick up, let alone read, your 'Journey' book. Apart from the title, it does sound interesting, so perhaps you could come up with a better (sorry, new) title?

Jigjag
Onesies are/were what Americans call babygros/Babygros. A few years ago, versions for children and adults started invading the shops. Most were truly awful - they featured cartoon characters or were in 'fun' leopardskin or tiger patterns. 'Onesies' were designated 'leisurewear' - ideal for lounging around the house in the evenings. You have been lucky to catch nary a glimpse of the awful things!
1099 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

17th December 2019, 09:42
jigjag

What happened at M&S? Can you tell us about it?
1100 of 2514  -   Report This Post