CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

candledave

15th August 2026, 15:45
From the anagram of care
41 of 86  -   Report This Post

quocunque

15th August 2026, 15:51
Also baffled by suggested parsing for 9dn.
Who is the 4 letter engineer?
5 letter wooden thing?
42 of 86  -   Report This Post

quocunque

15th August 2026, 15:54
Thank you Candledave. Fooled by intensive care.
43 of 86  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th August 2026, 15:56
quocunque
Steam engines? I think "fish" must be plural.
44 of 86  -   Report This Post

jono

15th August 2026, 15:57
He has a unit of power named after him.
45 of 86  -   Report This Post

jono

15th August 2026, 16:02
I wasn’t convinced by that fish plural Chris. You wouldn’t say trouts or salmons (unless referring to different kinds of salmons I suppose).
46 of 86  -   Report This Post

quocunque

15th August 2026, 16:03
Jono: He has 5 letters.
The only way this works is if engineer does double duty and even then I think there's a "t" left over.
47 of 86  -   Report This Post

geeker

15th August 2026, 16:05
Strongly agreed on the awkward fish plural in 9. Although I saw it right away, unlike the engineer. 😬
48 of 86  -   Report This Post

geeker

15th August 2026, 16:08
quoquncue@42:

"wooden thing" (a living thing) is 4 letters, "fish" (plural) 5 letters and "engineer" 4. Parses correctly IMO.
49 of 86  -   Report This Post

elliptic

15th August 2026, 16:08
Not necessarily labourers. Prefixed with "house" gives a kind of servant and a word I had at least heard before
50 of 86  -   Report This Post