CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rogerm

15th August 2026, 12:43
Ianwil
Thanks. I only mentioned it because I too briefly toyed with the other direction!
31 of 86  -   Report This Post

nutty202

15th August 2026, 12:53
Just finished and all parsed I think. A couple of dictionary checks but no Google. I really enjoyed it. The charades were excellent fun.
32 of 86  -   Report This Post

philo

15th August 2026, 14:04
Sorted, but I can't find any way to parse 3d. Any help, please?
33 of 86  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th August 2026, 14:06
Read 3d upwards, remembering how royals (reportedly) refer to themselves.
34 of 86  -   Report This Post

mattw

15th August 2026, 14:08
Banging my head on 1 until I realized that the first five letters of 2d were not an American soft drink. I had wondered where "daily" came in.

I needed help from the forum for 9d (new to me) and 12ac, where I was trawling through Chrissie Hynde's old bandmates for a Pretender who might fit. Good fun and thanks to the Don!
35 of 86  -   Report This Post

rogerm

15th August 2026, 14:23
I had exactly the same experience with 2d and 12a as you, mattw! Effective misdirection by the Don, clearly.
36 of 86  -   Report This Post

wulimaster

15th August 2026, 14:27
Same here with 2D and 12A. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable test. Thanks to the Don.
37 of 86  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th August 2026, 14:32
I'm intrigued by what bird you had at 2d (or was it a drink?)! As 1a was my FOI, I didn't have the chance to think of anything else.
38 of 86  -   Report This Post

philo

15th August 2026, 14:55
Thanks ChrisE, so easy after you explained it.
39 of 86  -   Report This Post

quocunque

15th August 2026, 15:43
I don't understand suggested parsing for 18dn. Where does the A come from?
40 of 86  -   Report This Post