CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gitto

22nd January 2023, 13:03
Bobcat - The word for business leaders is used as a homophone.
51 of 126  -   Report This Post

gitto

22nd January 2023, 13:04
Sorry for the repeat for Bobcat, Drxx beat me to it
52 of 126  -   Report This Post

drxx

22nd January 2023, 13:05
For the def, 'levels' is geological and Chambers confirms the 'little growth' (after a fashion).
53 of 126  -   Report This Post

drxx

22nd January 2023, 13:07
As this is a crossword it's easy to overthink the endgame.
54 of 126  -   Report This Post

bobcat

22nd January 2023, 13:41
Thanks both. All done now. Was thinking of the wrong business leaders.
55 of 126  -   Report This Post

granama1

22nd January 2023, 14:07
I have chipped and chiselled away at this and have the message so I understand the introduction re transposition cipher. I am still a couple of solutions short though. I don't think anyone has asked about 11a 'Mixed with rich man....' so I assume I'm being a bit dim even though I have the extra letters throughout.

A hint would be most welcome. I've tried most 'mixed' arrangements.
56 of 126  -   Report This Post

candledave

22nd January 2023, 14:10
Granama - mixed is the definition
57 of 126  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

22nd January 2023, 14:21
16ac is (I believe) my last unsolved clue--no progress on the theme other than identifying at least where the ciphertext lives and having a fairly baffling message--and despite the hints in this thread it seems completely unsolvable to me. Worried I've somehow misarranged some jumbled letters and created a dead end for myself, but each individual deduction seemed fairly solid...
58 of 126  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

22nd January 2023, 14:26
Actually, I've now solved the theme, ha! So I guess my jumbled bits were fine, and I'm just a terrible solver still unable to grasp 16ac!
59 of 126  -   Report This Post

kitsune

22nd January 2023, 14:29
I really liked the endgame but I felt that the process of getting there was a little bit of a slog to be honest. Just a touch to much cold solving required in my view.

Of course, it may all be down to a very busy spell at work so perhaps things would have been more straightforward if I'd approached it with a clear head! Some clues took me ages to unravel even when I knew the answers so that's probably the explanation.

In any case, a magnificent construction and a very satisfying and unambiguous endgame so thank you setter!
60 of 126  -   Report This Post