CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jif73

28th January 2023, 14:11
drxx, by "the north-westernmost cell in the ciphertext region which contains an ambiguous clash" I meant "the north-westernmost cell ... of the four cells which contain an ambiguous clash", which are, as you say, in the south east of the ciphertext region.
(Obviously, I need only one correct cell to resolve the other three.)
121 of 126  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th January 2023, 14:16
Yes, I wondered why you were looking NW hence my -
''(but I can't see why this would be ambiguous if you have all of the answers and only real words appear outside of the area).''
But we got there in the end.
122 of 126  -   Report This Post

jif73

28th January 2023, 14:31
drxx #119
As I said in my original post, the extra letters I have extracted from clues, give me complete gibberish — obviously my fault. If I could have found the keyword, I would have happily spent the time verifying everything was correct by enciphering the message I had guessed.

Apologies for any irritation caused by my ambiguous posts about grid ambiguities!
123 of 126  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th January 2023, 14:38
No need to apologise, jif73 (I often get tetchy}.
Did you manage to get the first 7 letter word from the extras?
124 of 126  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th January 2023, 14:44
If you have then a search for ''code +'' the next 4 letters of what looks like gibberish might give you a hit.
125 of 126  -   Report This Post

mooncow

28th January 2023, 15:49
The first seven letters make a word. See my post above for one reason they might not. The rest might look weird, but Google it…
126 of 126  -   Report This Post