CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

smellyharry

18th January 2023, 20:27
That's exactly what I did jif. I think the instruction is ambiguous and could apply to either. But others don't seem to have had the same issue by and large, so maybe it's just us.
71 of 77  -   Report This Post

jif73

19th January 2023, 23:39
To be fair, sh, the wording in the instruction is a better fit with the correct interpretation. And I did actually start a list of those letters, thinking they would be required. But I got distracted when I couldn't fathom my last two clues solved.
72 of 77  -   Report This Post

lofthouse

22nd January 2023, 10:41
Hi, I'm trying to finish this one off. Got a full grid and message, but stuck on the final result.

Probable that I have some letters wrong. Could someone give a steer on the following:

1. My two answers for the clues "He splits things in two ..." and "Rubber in ..." don't appear to be in alphabetical order. I have the same spelling for both except a V in the first and an F in the second. Is this right?

2. When I'm trying to make the result I have 13 consonants and only 3 vowels. Is this right?
73 of 77  -   Report This Post

drxx

22nd January 2023, 11:03
It looks like you've taken a different 'drawer' definition for your 'f' answer, but the def refers to someone pulling something, not tieing with someone.
74 of 77  -   Report This Post

drxx

22nd January 2023, 11:06
...and that correction should give you the vowel you need for the endgame.
75 of 77  -   Report This Post

taittinger

22nd January 2023, 12:05
Belated thanks to the setter for an enjoyable puzzle.

It will be interesting to see whether a trend for off-piste answers like the two referred to earlier will develop.
76 of 77  -   Report This Post

lofthouse

22nd January 2023, 14:41
Thanks drxx. That makes sense now and the result became clear.
77 of 77  -   Report This Post