CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

13th January 2023, 16:01
THE CLUES
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any special instructions or additional information should also be included.
HINTS only, please, no answers.

THE THEME
Requests for help with the theme may also be made here. 'Gentle nudges' is hard to define, of course, but Forum members seem able to give a hint or a nudge in the right direction without spoiling the puzzle for other solvers.

Please avoid any allusions, jocular or otherwise, to the theme. Inadvertent questions or answers that lead to too much being revealed are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 77  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

13th January 2023, 16:26
4764 I think!
2 of 77  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

13th January 2023, 16:29
Idiot, Jack! 4746.
3 of 77  -   Report This Post

malone

13th January 2023, 16:34
Thanks, Jack - I have reported myself, and hope it can be changed!
4 of 77  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

13th January 2023, 16:45
Iā€™ve just changed the number, MalonešŸ„°
5 of 77  -   Report This Post

malone

13th January 2023, 16:54
Thanks, Norah.
6 of 77  -   Report This Post

drxx

13th January 2023, 21:42
With everything accounted for thematically, I'm struggling to find any justification for a non-thematic 5 letter entry (apart from a single hit after extensive googling - it seems to have found some popularity a mere 5 years ago). I can't see how it can possibly be right but the corrected misprint is the right one in the right place. A good puzzle but for this (I think) so it can't be right, surely?
7 of 77  -   Report This Post

cockie

13th January 2023, 22:04
If you mean the 8th across answer (don't think that's giving anything away) I agree. But it's got to be right. A pity that it seems to be unavoidable, since nothing else would fit the checked letters in that word.
8 of 77  -   Report This Post

drxx

13th January 2023, 22:40
A double unch and no symmetry would have been a better option, in my opinion (this invention sets a bad precedent).
9 of 77  -   Report This Post

kindred2

14th January 2023, 10:05
An impressive amount of thematic material in a carte blanche which yielded pretty reasonably
10 of 77  -   Report This Post