CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

20th August 2022, 17:51
I think this has turned into a chat thread. Maybe add any more comments to a @ thread or we may be in trouble :)
81 of 113  -   Report This Post

brendan

20th August 2022, 17:53
Jazzgirl, he used to occasionally play drums in a little Jazz band in one of the pubs in W Molesey - alas I can't remember the name of it.
82 of 113  -   Report This Post

brendan

20th August 2022, 17:54
Good point Jazzgirl.
83 of 113  -   Report This Post

roof

20th August 2022, 18:54
HI everyone

Just logged on after a very late start and a break to tie in my loganberries. I only got a few on my first read through and have only added a couple more after a second longer go. The thread is so long, I haven't read it yet, but I'll be back for some hints in a bit if I don't make any progress with the thread.
84 of 113  -   Report This Post

roof

20th August 2022, 19:30
Well, now I've read all the thread (I enjoyed the chat about parakeets - though I've never seen any in Exeter). I'm pleased to say that the thread confirmed a number of my answers. Yes, I had heard of the Great ***, but just didn't see it earlier. At least my grid no longer looks so bare, but I will need some hints if I'm to make further progress. I've never had a Ford, so cannot remember their cars. I have guessed an answer for 6d, but am not sure. I've not spotted the anagram yet Brendan.

Can I have hints for 13ac. I have ???N?y???? and for 21ac I have P?N?????M. I've guessed an answer, but I'm not sure I'm right. I'm assuming an unusual word for 1ac. I think I have the answer for 14ac, but need to get more crossers to be sure.

A hint for 15d would also help I have P?T???A??

What is the definition for 26ac. I have answer, but I cannot see the definition.

85 of 113  -   Report This Post

dhope

20th August 2022, 19:35
Like you I started late and have just finished , excellent puzzle from Picaroon . Managed most of it without help from the forum so I’m sure you will enjoy this one. Some very clever clues ,my favourites 11d, 27a and 4d .
Thanks to forum for help and interesting comments ,parakeets are VERY noisy birds as I know from my visits to my son in Australia.
86 of 113  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

20th August 2022, 19:37
Hi Roof,

13A has no Y in it I'm afraid. Looks like you also have an extra ? at the front.

21A the letters are correct, it parses as 3 letter "criticise" + (4 letter "those people" containing "one's")

15D I had to use a missing letter solver for, it parses as 4 letter "spread" containing 1 letter "round" and 4 letter "part of camp".

26A definition is "with it"

87 of 113  -   Report This Post

dhope

20th August 2022, 19:44
13a your n and y are wrong, five letter word for nettle (not the plant) inside four letter word for spike , definition is a fruit.
Lettered for 21a are correct first three letters synonym for criticise.1a very old kitchen appliance!
15d your letters are correct
26a with it
88 of 113  -   Report This Post

roof

20th August 2022, 19:48
Many thanks PDS

I'd just got 13ac before reading your reply and after I got 4d.
My guess for 21ac is right and you've helped me parse it.
I've also got 26ac.

I'll have to work abit more on 15d. I'm half way through my glass of wine so I've hopes it will do it for me.
Any hints for 2d? I've got R?W???.. Just got it!!

89 of 113  -   Report This Post

brendan

20th August 2022, 19:52
Hi Roof,

I've never had loganberries - are they nice?

2d - I don't think I'd ever seen this word before today!
90 of 113  -   Report This Post