CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

revlosrevlos

30th August 2021, 11:42
This is weird. I've got the whole thing perfectly solved...except for this thing bang in the middle. I can't really explain it without revealing loads of spoilers. Just have to wait for the answer to be published, I suppose.
151 of 221  -   Report This Post

prospero

30th August 2021, 11:45
presumably you have an L word down the 9-letter centre? then you need an S word (5) to the left ...
152 of 221  -   Report This Post

revlosrevlos

30th August 2021, 11:53
Yes, and going out to the right from the L-word's third letter is the Historian (that is, the first five letters of him). And surely he has a C in the middle spot? But then again, how can he, because there is only one C answer and that is used elsewhere... So, is my M-word (5) wrong ? or is it just placed wrongly?
153 of 221  -   Report This Post

prospero

30th August 2021, 11:55
the C in the middle of the historian is the first letter of the word you mention in post 149
154 of 221  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

30th August 2021, 11:57
Mostly right. However, the C word to which you refer is the 2nd word of the 2-word theme and appears at the initial letter of the 1st word.
155 of 221  -   Report This Post

revlosrevlos

30th August 2021, 12:49
Finally I've got it! Thanks Pros and Buzy. I had the 2nd word of the 2-word theme wrong. I thought it was "about" (though that didn't stop me getting the rest of the puzzle right, funnily enough).
156 of 221  -   Report This Post

prospero

30th August 2021, 12:54
perhaps because you are solversolver about ... ?
157 of 221  -   Report This Post

revlosrevlos

30th August 2021, 13:04
Haha. Short for Revlos Revlos Garlic.
158 of 221  -   Report This Post

roof

30th August 2021, 13:25
Thanks Brendan, Buzzybee and Prospero

I had got these answers

I have all but two left now and have the first letter of the "Firmly established, though parts of rod are missing."

Removing the wrong D gives me W???G?N?E. I'm assuming it's a special one as I haven't found them all.

Of course removing the D means I have still to get They support retirees.) I have B???T?RS. Is this another theme word?

I have found it difficult to locate all the theme words on wikipedia. I'm not familiar with the theme. My husband, who is very knowledgeable about classical music, doesn't like Wagner, so he hasn't been much help.

What I have found most irritating about this crossword is the difficulty recording and cross-referencing the clues and answers. I'm constantly shuffling bits of paper!
159 of 221  -   Report This Post

cymro

30th August 2021, 13:34
Roof, you are right, the W word is a character from the theme. It is in wikipaedia. The B word is just another word for pillow.
160 of 221  -   Report This Post