CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

16th December 2023, 18:39
ChrisE, that cheese sounds... absolutely vile! I've never been a fan of any of the smelly or blue (or smelly and blue) cheeses.
821 of 862  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th December 2023, 18:43
I have eaten it once, years ago. I quite liked it; it reminded me of Roquefort, though that is sheeps' milk. You probably wouldn't like that either!
822 of 862  -   Report This Post

malone

16th December 2023, 18:46
Thanks, ChrisE - there's no 'probably' about it!
823 of 862  -   Report This Post

jigjag

17th December 2023, 14:06
Malone

I was disappointed to hear of your poor dunking technique, so a graceful retirement seems a good idea.

I love the smelly and/or blue cheeses, although I have never tried the old boot one. Of others, I prefer my own County's cheese, Cheshire, whether protected or not, Perfect with one of Grunger's Melton Mowbray pork pies.

824 of 862  -   Report This Post

malone

17th December 2023, 14:23
Thanks, Jigjag. You can eat all the smelly cheeses, and I can eat all the millionaire's shortbread - we're sorted. I'm not a huge fan of pork pies, so you can eat my share of those too. Grunger will, I know, provide me with any number of other pies (steak, meat and potato, rhubarb...) at the drop of a bakeress's hat... I only have to ask.
825 of 862  -   Report This Post

jigjag

20th December 2023, 20:19
Malone

Do you watch Have I got News for You? I dont but I saw it a few days, and amazingly, after your last posting, the World Pie eating Championship in Wigan was featured. Grunger lives there and I am wondering if she appeared or possibly her pies?

Grunger

Were you in the competition, or did you bake any of the pies? There seemed to be a lot of them, quite large too. I liked the bit about each mouthful had to be chewed 32 times!
826 of 862  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th December 2023, 22:05
NOt a complaint, for once!
On Christmas Celebrity Masterchef, Greg Wallace said to Mel B "You're making ravioli, then?"
"No" she said "it's one big one, so it's a raviolo"
827 of 862  -   Report This Post

malone

20th December 2023, 22:21
Jigjag, I didn't see HIGNFY, and I don't think I'd enjoy watching a pie eating championship. Decent pies should be accorded due respect and every mouthful savoured. I'd treat one of Grunger's pies with the right amount of reverence... and gravy or sauce or pickle, whatever was called for.

ChrisE. I have always liked the word 'raviolo', but feel one is not really a meal... maybe a starter?
828 of 862  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st December 2023, 08:12
You should have seen the size of the raviolo she made? Nearly covered the plate.
829 of 862  -   Report This Post

grunger

21st December 2023, 13:11
jigjag

I didnt watch the programme but I was aware of the Championship. I fear it is giving Wigan a bad name, when we have so much to offer, e.g. the Pier and the largest food factory in Europe.

Malone

Yes, I would be cheesed off if anybody ate one of my cheese pies in 10 seconds. I think they use Meat and Potato to slow them down. As you say, the right accompaniment is important

Chrise

Glad they got that right - I am waiting for panino.

830 of 862  -   Report This Post