CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

docrum

13th June 2021, 09:18
I thought from the hints here that 25a was a person....that threw me off, I had the right answer all along.
81 of 88  -   Report This Post

minno

13th June 2021, 11:02
I live in the south of Spain and so have been 15d-ing until finally getting it.
82 of 88  -   Report This Post

roof

13th June 2021, 12:26
Hi Brendan

I'd been misled on two fronts. Firstly, I had ISSEI for the Japanese immigrants, which I got from Google. Interestingly, my friend in Sheffield, with whom I share the crossword on Sunday morning, had the same. Once I had the N at the start of 19d it was a doddle.

Secondly, someone on this thread said it was the first five words of 25ac that provided the first letters for the anagram, but actually it was the third to eighth words. So my first instinct was right for 25ac, though I still don't get the definition. I no longer care.

I'm off to bake a cake for Bridge tomorrow. My bridge group is coming here. My husband doesn't approve. They've all had the double jab, so fingers crossed.
83 of 88  -   Report This Post

geeker

13th June 2021, 14:20
roof, I often mistype posts, so feared I erred with 25, but no, post #69 reads "Parses as an anagram of "IT" plus the first letters of 5 words in the clue."
So it wasn't me this time... :-)
84 of 88  -   Report This Post

dayzymay

14th June 2021, 20:21
Evening all, had a bit of fun with this one , learned some new words and with a little help from my friends have nearly done but stuck on a couple that nobody else has mentioned, namely 1d and 13 a, can't seem to get anything to fit /make sense....
85 of 88  -   Report This Post

rossim

14th June 2021, 21:04
1d definition = small contribution
Hotels think phonetic alphabet.
Around what Dover is.
86 of 88  -   Report This Post

rossim

14th June 2021, 21:09
13a a new word for me. I checked google after working out the word play.
definition = horny (mammal)
Common word for sailors around H for heart.
87 of 88  -   Report This Post

dayzymay

14th June 2021, 22:07
Rossum
Many thanks, the penny or maybe half has dropped , and yet another life form I didn't know the name of, I was on right track so thanks again, kettle on now cheers
88 of 88  -   Report This Post