CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

27th February 2021, 18:16
I didn't like the theme very much either.
It wasn't much fun for me but I see that a number of you did enjoy it.
Still, you can't please all of the people all of the time!
41 of 69  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th February 2021, 18:23
I had to use Google, and I was surprised how "low-powered" a lot of the acts were - not bad, necessarily, but hardly headliners.
42 of 69  -   Report This Post

simond9x

27th February 2021, 19:25
That may be true in hindsight, in that a lot of the acts are now distant memories, but a lot of them were huge names at the time.
43 of 69  -   Report This Post

roof

27th February 2021, 19:34
Hi everyone

I was gardening most of the day, came in and read all the clues and only got one, so fell asleep. Thanks for all the hints. I was around for the 10,25 event but like Chris have had to google actual performers.

I'll be back later.
44 of 69  -   Report This Post

rossim

27th February 2021, 19:40
In August 1969 I was on my honeymoon.
Maybe that's why it all passed me by!
45 of 69  -   Report This Post

roof

27th February 2021, 22:43
Hi Rossim

..and I was at Uni. I did go to a festival the following year, but that was in Somerset. I see that Country Joe and the Fish featured, though he didn't make it into the crossword. I always remember his song "What's the ugliest part of the body; some say the nose, some say the toes, but I think it's your mind."

Anyway enough nostalgia. Thanks to the Forum and Google, I now have an answer for all the clues, but there are many I can't parse and some where I don't understand the definition. But enough.

So, thanks for all the hints.
46 of 69  -   Report This Post

simond9x

27th February 2021, 23:51
Sorry Roof, that was Frank Zappa who also appeared at Bath with Country Joe (I was there too).
47 of 69  -   Report This Post

anyotherbizniz

28th February 2021, 00:39
Hi all.

I'm always late to the thread because I don't usually get to start until Saturday evening, by which team most of you have moved on.

I got all these quicker than usual. But I just can't parse 22a. I'm fairly sure I know the answer (they were better at Leeds) and must be being dense - but how does that clue work?
48 of 69  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

28th February 2021, 00:46
Hew, as in to shape.

Tho, as in notwithstanding.
49 of 69  -   Report This Post

brendan

28th February 2021, 00:48
Hi Anyotherbizniz,

22a - Definitely a trick clue - 3 letters for "yet" (but it's a contraction of a a 6 letter word so would have an apostrophe after the last letter) around/"to embrace" a 3 letter word for "fashion" (as in make or shape something).

I had their live at Leeds album but somehow managed to lose it!
50 of 69  -   Report This Post