CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

16th September 2020, 20:40
Williamseal, the clue answer is a politer, less sweary form of the 'place down below'. I'd probably say 'Oh H???' rather than 'O [place down below]' I didn't know it also meant 'an inner door, the lower half of a door' - and quite a few other things too.
101 of 109  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

16th September 2020, 20:46
Indeed, Malone. I learn a lot of new words from the Listener.
102 of 109  -   Report This Post

pka1

18th September 2020, 11:24
Mainly Scottish ones..... Finally limped across the line last night, just in time for the next one. Thanks to all for the hints, only a few of which I needed, and especially Brendan for the way in via the U answer. My last clue was solved by reverse engineering from 1 across, so a quick finish after an overdue PDM. A bit of confusion over the shading, as my 'arrow' doesn't have any pointy bits, but I've never been very artistic.
Thanks again, and in advance to tatters for delivering the puzzles early.
103 of 109  -   Report This Post

brendan

18th September 2020, 11:38
Hi Pka1,

I'm glad you got if finished, and just in time:-)

I'm not sure how this "arrow" shape got started but the highlighted lines should form a sort of baseball diamond - mine do anyway.
104 of 109  -   Report This Post

malone

18th September 2020, 12:08
Brendan, an earlier poster originally had an arrow-head shape. I think that was caused by making the wrong choice for one of the letters involved. It got sorted!
105 of 109  -   Report This Post

brendan

18th September 2020, 12:20
That's a relief! Whenever I see a post that has something different from me I always immediately assume I've gone wrong and, let's face it, that is usually the case, but in this instance I felt fairly sure I was on solid ground.

Thanks Malone:-)
106 of 109  -   Report This Post

pka1

18th September 2020, 16:45
My shape didn't have any corners in the end.
107 of 109  -   Report This Post

williamseal

18th September 2020, 16:47
Friday evening on the sandbank! Done it!
(Assuming the phrase is what I used to be given when at school)

A very clever and immensely satisfying puzzle. Particular thanks to Malone, deuce and mathprofrockstar for their encouragement and to all who have hints. I'm glad I persevered.

Fresh mussels from the seabed for tea.
108 of 109  -   Report This Post

malone

18th September 2020, 16:56
Thanks, williamseal. Glad you a) finished and b) enjoyed the puzzle.

Enjoy the mussels ... and then get started on the next Listener!
109 of 109  -   Report This Post