CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dorrien

27th March 2020, 20:38
Well done KT17
Thanks Pedagogue for the word and the duties.
Thanks for the mention Paul
I'll be looking out for the weekender.
61 of 83  -   Report This Post

hannah

27th March 2020, 21:01
Slept through again . .

Congrats Kt . . Thanks Ped . . Thank you Marty for the honourable mention

Pleased to note, as an occasional contributor to the "Pedants" thread, that winning clue did have the 'verbal' usage
62 of 83  -   Report This Post

mattrom

27th March 2020, 21:13
Well done, Kt, and thanks for parsing Paul's clue.
Thanks to Kt (again), Tyke and Malcolm for your votes, and to Spike, Nemo, Dorrien and Paul for the mentions.
Keep well, everyone.
63 of 83  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

27th March 2020, 21:22
Congratulations Kt17
Cheers Pedagogue for hosting even though my vote from Spike2 (much appreciated) seems to have passed you by
Stay safe out there

64 of 83  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th March 2020, 21:25
Very nice, kt. I had you tied with malcolmx (not as kinky as it sounds). Good job, pedagogue. Thanks ever so much for the votes, fiery and mattrom.
65 of 83  -   Report This Post

pedagogue

27th March 2020, 21:38
Hi!
fieryjack: apologies for the oversight! I have you on my paper list but seem to have missed you when transferring to the computer.
kt17: I actually did teach Mathematics in a secondary school in South Yorkshire. 70% of my students had difficulties with percentages while the other 40% didn't understand them at all.
66 of 83  -   Report This Post

pedagogue

27th March 2020, 21:45
Hi again,
There seems to be some dispute about the results of this competition.
kt17 got votes from chrise, bigbadmarty2 and paul, 3 votes in total. Note: paul voted for Matthew 21, which I took to mean entry #21; I assume that kt17s name is Matthew.
I hope you all enjoy the competitions in future, but that's it for me.
Byeeeee!
67 of 83  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th March 2020, 22:26
pedagogue: I saw your post and wondered what had happened, so looked through the posts and couldn't find anything. It then occurred to me that you might have misinterpreted my post, thinking that I was saying that you had miscounted. I meant that I had malcolmx and kt tied when I was deciding which clue to vote for.
68 of 83  -   Report This Post

kt17

27th March 2020, 22:52
Ped - nothing you did was incorrect: my name is Matthew and Paul being a chummy type likes to go by first names.

Your snippet was funny! I had the opportunity in a previous life to (try to) teach maths to grown ups - the ones that got it were fine but I really struggled with those who didn’t - how, I wondered, can you not get basic maths functions?!
69 of 83  -   Report This Post

paul

28th March 2020, 03:06
Very well done Matthew! Some of us are still clucking to some degree...
Thanks Ped for setting and invigilating,
Thanks for the vote Nemo, and the mention Spike. Very much appreciated.
70 of 83  -   Report This Post