CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

28th March 2020, 03:09
Ped - just saw your post. We have very much valued your contributions and would very much regret it if somehow you felt this was not the forum for you. Please stay!
71 of 83  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

28th March 2020, 09:32
Pedagogue, when you were teaching mathematics, did you find that 1 in 10 students understood the binary system while the other half didn't?
72 of 83  -   Report This Post

jws

28th March 2020, 09:37
well done KT17 - good clue

My limited contribution to educating others was in running a tuition group. I got pleasure in hopefully adding a few marks when the group took the exam. The good pupils did not really need any help but one or two just needed a nudge

thanks ped for hosting
73 of 83  -   Report This Post

malcolmxword

28th March 2020, 09:42
A bit of maths I read recently which is somewhat astounding :
Take 30 steps from your front door, each time doubling the distance between steps. How far would you get ? The answer is roughly 25 times the circumference of the Earth !
74 of 83  -   Report This Post

chrise

28th March 2020, 09:58
Congrats kt17. Thanks for the competition, pedagogue (hope to see you again!). Thanks for the mention, spike.
75 of 83  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th March 2020, 14:15
malcolmx @74: And that's rather how a virus spreads.

Is anyone in touch with pedagogue? Do you think he took my post the wrong way?
76 of 83  -   Report This Post

malcolmxword

28th March 2020, 17:14
Aristo - yes, the piece was about the virus, and was using this to demonstrate exponential growth. By the same token, once any of us go back 20 generations we have over a million direct descendants
77 of 83  -   Report This Post

kt17

28th March 2020, 18:56
@Aristo, @Pedagogue

Aristo, knowing you I know you’ld be horrified to think you’d caused any upset to an online friend here, if I can help by begging Ped to stay with us - they (not sure if he or she) are amongst the very best - and most charming - setters here.

PR and Clueless are the loveliest things and Pedagogue has been such a welcome newbie, despite being far too clever, outshining muggleses like me!
78 of 83  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th March 2020, 19:05
Even if there had been a mistake I wouldn't have pointed it out. And I too always enjoy pedagogue's offerings.
79 of 83  -   Report This Post

tyke51

28th March 2020, 19:14
Pedagogue - I hope you reconsider and keep participating - we have a brilliant forum here. The competitions are a welcome diversion from the awful circumstances we find ourselves in and you will be sorely missed.
80 of 83  -   Report This Post