CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

planks

15th December 2019, 13:33
I concur with all you say quisling, but I was assuming that the shape is the 8th (obsolete) definition and try as I might I can't see how you draw one of those with ten sides. Like I said, I'm no mathematician.
61 of 99  -   Report This Post

quisling

15th December 2019, 13:55
Planks, the decagon is not symmetrical. But imagine the 8th definition with the SW corner straightened out, and that would get rid of your two extra sides
62 of 99  -   Report This Post

planks

15th December 2019, 14:04
Ah yes, I think my shape was better though. Thanks quisling
63 of 99  -   Report This Post

candlestick

15th December 2019, 15:12
Is one of the nine doing double duty by being highlighted as well? It doesn't use the required definition explicitly in the BRB. Or am I missing the ninth? I currently have five across and four down examples circled.
64 of 99  -   Report This Post

bananabean

15th December 2019, 15:14
If the nine words are examples of the defined word then which columns are they in?
Is one in each of columns 2, 3, 5 and 12 and the others are in various rows?
65 of 99  -   Report This Post

murky

15th December 2019, 15:53
Candlestick, one of the nine is part of the highlighting. If you have circled five acros items and four down ones then that looks right to me.
66 of 99  -   Report This Post

murky

15th December 2019, 15:57
Bananabean, some of your selections appear to be wrong. The item in column 12 (NE corner?) cannot count because it is not within the decagon. The item in column 2 could fall outside or on the boundary of the decagon, so it's best to look for its duplicate in another column
67 of 99  -   Report This Post

xij

15th December 2019, 16:15
I seem to have most of this done. Just one left to find of the nine. However, I cannot, for the life of me, find the word that the definition refers to. Is it in the carol, if so which verse? Would appreciate some help please.
68 of 99  -   Report This Post

malone

15th December 2019, 16:24
It's in the first verse. All your 'nine things' are in it....
69 of 99  -   Report This Post

xij

15th December 2019, 17:41
Thanks Malone, it was as I first thought, although I missed the definition, having read it a dozen times. (Should have gone to Spec Savers). What held me up the most was the 5 answer to 5a, where I had N rather than C, which still makes more sense to me, so the definition for the decagon I had as 32 cells. I had to go through every answer again until I found it. Then, of course, I could expand the shape.
70 of 99  -   Report This Post