CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

16th December 2019, 16:34
Cockle, I do have a bit of overlapping - but I also have things in 'nine distinct rows and columns'. That last sentence is why I didn't highlight the clear, duplicate thing - that would have resulted in two things in one row. I went for the one in the row beneath.

PS My final grid is very busy, messy - I hope I'm not giving you incorrect information!
81 of 99  -   Report This Post

cockie

16th December 2019, 16:35
READ THE PREAMBLE, COCKIE! Thanks, Malone. All done now (I think).
82 of 99  -   Report This Post

malone

16th December 2019, 16:43
Thanks, Cockie. I found it hard to give a description of my final version without going into specifics. I'm glad I didn't confuse you!
83 of 99  -   Report This Post

wigwam

16th December 2019, 17:13
Honestly thought I was on track for not having to ask anything despite this being my first encounter with a DLM-type crossword, but here goes nothing:

I legitimately cannot figure out the single letter change to create a "version of the title of the carol". I've identified the carol, the decagon shape, 8 of 9 things (I'm sure that'll fall soon enough) and the two things to highlight, but this is absolutely stumping me and I can already tell it's going to disappoint me when revealed.

Any pointers appreciated...
84 of 99  -   Report This Post

casanova

16th December 2019, 17:16
I think I have finally completed the puzzle. Hope next week’s is less convoluted and messy. Thank you for all the help provided on the forum
85 of 99  -   Report This Post

casanova

16th December 2019, 17:18
It’s a Latin translation of the title, wigwam
86 of 99  -   Report This Post

chips

16th December 2019, 17:19
Wigwam, are you a gardener?Think botanically.
87 of 99  -   Report This Post

wigwam

16th December 2019, 17:47
Hey, I was right about being disappointed in myself!

Thank you both, didn't really find this week altogether too fun unfortunately. Roll on next week's Christmas theme!
88 of 99  -   Report This Post

chips

16th December 2019, 19:18
Wigwam. Glad we could help.
89 of 99  -   Report This Post

wigwam

16th December 2019, 19:51
False alarm, it appears I've done something stupid now I've started transferring everything to (permanent) pen...

I fell victim to one of the duplicates, and now I'm at a loss as to the 9th item I'm missing. I went back a few posts and saw people mentioning 5 across items, 4 down, and I have 4 of each, but nothing is jumping out and I'm now increasingly worried I've gone wrong somewhere else. Given the recent oversight with the title though, it's more likely I'm just being boneheaded at the last hurdle (again).

I've got an L, H, T and R in that order going down the rows, another letter or a row # as a push in the right direction would be much obliged so I can put this one to rest (again, hopefully finally).
90 of 99  -   Report This Post